Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Foster City, California
· Core Network Technologies Infrastructure Management and Operations
· Responsible for providing the ongoing maintenance and operations for network core infrastructure platforms, systems, and tools and maintaining these systems in a supportable, healthy state.
· Responsible for performing periodic reviews on systems per system documentation and that systems remain in a compliant state as needed.
· Responsible for providing support for network core infrastructure platforms, systems, and tools and providing documentation and guidance to tier 1 and tier 2 support teams.
· Works with Network Services Management Team, Solutions Architects, IT Security, project managers, and end users on core infrastructure related projects. Ensure that projects results in highly reliable and supportable systems and tools.
· Contribute to high-level project test approaches, methodologies and technology strategy roadmaps in the area of network core infrastructure platforms and tools.
· 8+ years prior experience in a network engineering position, with heavy network engineering experience including router, switches, WAN acceleration, WAN service providers and technologies, wireless networking, and routing protocols, especially BGP and OSPF.
· Possesses experience in implementing established solutions to support the effective operations of an element(s) of the infrastructure.
We are looking for applicants who have a flair for technology and are willing to take up challenging assignments.
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.