Pharmacy Customer Service Analyst/Team Lead-Baltimore, MD-2nd shift! at Cigna
Posted in Insurance 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
The position is a Customer Service Analyst (Team Lead) with a focus on employee training for the Redetermination/Appeals (Medicare Part D) to communicate with pharmacists, beneficiaries, customers and doctors in regards to Medicare Part D appeal requests; comply with all federal rules, regulations and contracts. This position will prepare employees to deliver performance results by planning, developing, conducting and evaluating new hire trainings, ongoing refresher training and advanced training to existing staff.
Professional interaction, active and passive listening skills and the ability to utilize computer- based resources in a highly effective manner to educate and provide accurate responses to customer inquiries is crucial for success in the role, along with the innate ability to be compassionate and empathetic when appropriate when handling complex customer inquiries.
Maintains call center performance metrics including Average Handle Time, After Call Work, Quality and Scheduled Adherence.
• Deliver ongoing refresher and advanced training to existing staff across the department in the form of formal call audits (call coaching) and chair side feedback.
• Act with a sense of urgency to research questions or issues and follow up with appropriate parties to drive resolution. Maintains all company and regulatory compliance guidelines.
• Coaches associates to improve performance, including accuracy and efficiency
• Confer with management, peers and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
• Identify improvement opportunities and engage matrix partners to ensure barriers and obstacles to continuous quality improvement are removed, and necessary support is always provided.
• Builds partnerships with employees to foster a collaborative environment to provide the best service to customers and with leadership, training and quality to provide real-time assistance to employees in production environment
• Ability to process requests across multiple lines of business.
• Resource for Supervisor and Advocates to provide necessary information, resources and support.
• Provides feedback to Supervisor should training issues be identified so a request for necessary support from trainers.
• Pulls daily/weekly/monthly reports and assigns cases (or verifies Advocates are) appropriately using correct systems also ensuring work is dispersed equally.
• Monitors the queue and ensures appropriate coverage is available to respond to business need.
• Logs into queue(s) to support business needs if necessary.
• Responsible for taking escalated calls and owning to resolution.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred (CPhT)
• 2+ years or more work experience in a coaching/training capacity
• 2+ years of customer service experience in any industry required, preferably in a call center or production environment
• Ability to handle a large volume of calls and coverage determinations and/or appeals requests
• Position requires excellent interpersonal skills, ability to understand and interpret policy provisions
• Ability to work with and influence cross functional to implement new training initiatives effectively- strong interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrate strong data entry and typing skills with proficiency in the use of a PC including ability to use a mouse and keyboard interchangeably
• Ability to use telephone equipment, including headset
• Communicates information in a tactful and positive manner at all times
• Ability to understand complex oral and written directions as well as technical information
• Exhibits a positive attitude at all times, embraces and adapts to change.
• Ability to work overtime as needed during peak periods throughout the year (including nights and weekends
• Able to work collaboratively with people in a team environment.
• Able to work independently.
• Ability to work effectively with multiple functional areas.
Schedule: Sunday: 8AM-4:30PM; Monday-Thursday 12:30PM-9:00PM (shift differential included)