Certified Nursing Assistant ($1,000 sign on bonus for 2nd shift) at Friendship Senior Options, NFP
Posted in Nurse 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Geneva, Illinois
NEW RATES!!! IMMEDIATE OPENINGS!!! ($1,000 sign on bonus for 2nd shift paid after 90 days)
As a Certified Nursing Assistant you will make a difference in the lives of our residents, caring for them with passion and dedication, building meaningful relationships along the way.
You will provide care to residents according to their individualized care plan and facility policies and procedures. With emphasis on a restorative philosophy, you will perform duties that assist the resident with their activities of daily living and enhance their quality of life.
Summary of Job Duties:
- Provide a balance of emotional and physical support that allows an individual to function at their highest level of independence. This will include variations of the following: dressing, bathing, grooming, eating, mobility, range of motion, toileting and behavioral support.
- Maintain a safe resident environment by assuring: Resident room is free and clear of clutter, telephones and call lights are within reach and cords out of walking range, brakes are in the locked position on beds, appropriate use of electronic lifts, etc.
- Communicates changes in residents’ condition and function to nurse immediately when noted. Reports reduced appetite, reduced fluid intake, lack of a bowel movement and skin breakdown issues.
- Perform assigned tasks as directed by the Unit Nurse: Take vital signs, pass fresh ice water, juice and snacks, weigh residents, assist in admission, discharge, and transfer of residents.
- Complete documentation (written and/or electronic) which includes progress notes, percentage of meals and fluid taken, bowel sheet, and ADL’s.
- Maintain clean environment by assuring: Meal trays have been removed from dining areas, and resident rooms. Make beds, maintain clean bathing area. Take laundry bags to utility room. Maintain a tidy resident closet, check and label clothing with residents’ name.
- Communicate with residents, families, significant others, and co-workers utilizing a pleasant positive approach. Incorporate the Core Values of Friendship Senior Options (Faith, Community, Service, Stewardship, and Growth) into job performance to bring about achievement of the organizations mission.
- Regulatory Compliance (PHI): Respect resident’s rights for privacy and dignity. Reports all suspected, alleged, and/or witnessed verbal, physical, or sexual abuse immediately to nurse.
- Training and Development: Attend all staff meetings and in-services. Attend organization wide programs and meetings to be current on organization strategies and programs. Maintain competence with specific C.N.A. assistant skills by performing competency training.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Licenses & CertificationsRequired
See job description