Engineering Co-Op (Summer/Fall 2018) at Rockline Industries, Inc.
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sheboygan, Wisconsin
As an Engineering Intern, you will provide support for an assigned manufacturing processes. Position will be responsible for providing technical support, engineering design, detailing and development of manufacturing equipment and processes in support of continuous improvement efforts as it relates to equipment reliability, equipment standards, process development and procedures.
- Provide support, as required, to ensure that a safe and healthful environment is provided for all employees and compliance to all government regulations and corporate policies are maintained.
- Develop basic knowledge of the Facility manufacturing equipment and processes in order to support manufacturing initiatives that meet customer and business requirements.
- Assist with the development of mechanical knowledge and skills for technical resources and others in order to support manufacturing initiatives that meet customer and business requirements.
- Provide support for mechanical design and detailing of components, equipment, and processes through the utilization of engineering principles: commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Provide daily manufacturing support by assisting operating teams and technical resources to analyze and resolve process issues related to equipment, product quality, and productivity as required.
- Assist with the development of machine centerlines and good run settings.
- Provide project support for continuous or process improvement initiatives, equipment modifications, and equipment installation projects.
- Provide technical support for the commercialization of new products, processes or systems for any of the Facility manufacturing processes as required.
- Assist with the fabrication, operation, installation, and/or repair of equipment and processes.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities as required with respect to safety, quality, productivity and cost initiatives.
- Provide support to purchasing by providing equipment specifications and/or requirements, resolve equipment or parts issues, and realize cost savings opportunities with equipment vendors or parts suppliers.
- Participate in analyzing production, waste and delay information to identify opportunities to maximize output, reduce waste and improve overall asset efficiencies.
- Communicate fully with seniors, subordinates, and others who have the need to know. Communications should be prompt, complete, candid and clear.
- Develops and delivers an end of intern/co-op presentation to senior leaders and members of management.
- Demonstrates commitment to Rockline’s RRITE Values of Renew, Respect, Integrity, Teamwork, and Excellence.
- Associates have a direct and important role in ensuring that all work is performed in a safe manner. Effectiveness in carrying out this responsibility is part of each associate’s essential accountabilities.
- Contributes to a cooperative working effort by demonstrating a willingness to perform other job-related work, as needed or requested.
Education, Skills and Experience Required
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Major (Electrical, Packaging, Chemical, or Mechanical), Minimum Two (2) Years Completed. Need to be entering junior status.
- Previous Intern experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Auto Cad and Solid Works or Inventor.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Project.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate utilizing written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate to learn new software programs such as Factory Talk, JD Edwards and Visio.
- Must be well organized with the ability to support and participate in multiple projects and tasks concurrently.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt