Housekeeper at Oakland Management Corp
Posted in Hospitality - Hotel 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The Housekeeper is responsible for cleaning both occupied and vacant apartments, public areas, common areas and all other parts of the community in accordance with company standards and/or for doing resident and community laundry as needed. This position provides a clean, sanitary, comfortable, orderly and satisfying environment for the residents, employees, families and other guests. This position also completed special tasks as assigned to them. This position may be required to perform tasks that involve exposure to visible blood contamination, used needles and human waste. The position must follow required procedures for cleaning, disposing or moving objects that have been contaminated and remain in compliance with OSHA Blood-Borne Pathogen Standards.
• Completes cleaning and laundry as assigned on the schedule provided.
• Cleans areas following standards, processes and procedures.
• Folds resident laundry and linens in an organized and professional manner.
• Knows and uses Universal Precautions and personal Protective Equipment provided.
• Must be able to identify and then either correct or report safety hazards.
• Reports damage or unsightly conditions which may be detrimental to the building’s appearance and/or functionality.
• Maintains clean and sanitary conditions in the assigned area as well as the entire community.
• Exercises proper care and respect when cleaning or completing laundry for occupied apartment homes.
• Uses supplies in an economical, appropriate and prudent manner.
• Reports supply and equipment needs to supervisor before replenishing.
• Cooperates with other employees to maximize efficiency and contribute to department and community morale.
• Operates machines and equipment standard to a housekeeping operation.
• Follows proper use and care of all equipment.
• Flexible, innovative and demonstrates the ability to lead and manage.
• High integrity, positive attitude, mission drive and self-directed.
• Passion, dedication and commitment for providing seniors an engaging, enlivening and captivating living environment.
• Ability to identify issues before they occur.
• Able to handle problems as they arise in relation to the operation of the community and collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusion and make changes to prevent the problem from occurring again.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• One year of experience in the industry or a related field preferred.
• Working knowledge of the industry.
• Excellent verbal and listening skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• The position is required to stand, bend, walk and move for long periods of time and communicate with residents, staff, family members and the public.
See job description