Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, California
ASSOCIATE ENGINEER (SECURITY SYSTEMS)
Metropolitan's Water System Operations Group, Security Management Team has one (1) opening for an Associate Engineer available at its Headquarters in Los Angeles, California.
You will provide support for the physical security systems throughout Metropolitan. This includes ensuring the 24/7 operation of the electronic physical security system; maintenance of service contracts; and ensuring systems are tested and repaired according to contract terms.
You will have a wide range of responsibilities including: electronic physical security system operations (access control theory and systems, detection systems, video cameras, camera analytics, alarm systems, lighting, detection, deterrence, alarms, alarm pairing, systems integration); best practices for managing, testing, and auditing security systems; understanding requirements from Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC), North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC), and Capital Improvement Program (CIP) as they relate to construction, deployment, testing and exercise requirements.
Additionally, you will manage projects, provide contractor feedback, perform work inspections and keep projects on track and on budget.
1. Performs and may lead the planning, coordinating, conducting, and monitoring tests, studies, investigations.
2. May represent Metropolitan within area of responsibility with external entities.
3. Prepares technical documents and reports; prepares and may make presentations.
4. Assists with developing and administering contracts and agreements; reviews the work of vendors, consultants and contractors.
5. Plans and coordinates project tasks within area of responsibility, including monitoring scope, quality, budget, and schedule.
6. Provides technical expertise within area of responsibility on projects and issues.
7. Assists on special assignments in support of Metropolitan initiatives.
8. Performs technical analyses and provides recommendations to support planning, design, construction, infrastructure reliability and/or operational issues.
9. Prepares and reviews design criteria, plans, specifications, submittals, cost estimates, and budgets.
10. Assists with developing standards, procedures, guidelines, and manuals.
11. May execute mathematical, statistical, and other models.
12. Performs site and construction inspections.
13. May perform emergency response duties.
14. Maintains official records, documents, and data.
15. May participate on a project team.
1. Participates on interdisciplinary teams assigned to projects; ensures compliance with project and customer requirements.
2. Development of scope, budgets, and schedules for projects; monitors expenditures, schedules, quality, and reporting.
3. Forecasts cash flow for projects.
4. May evaluate contractor claims, assists with negotiating settlements, and provides recommendations to management.
1. Assesses maintenance and testing methods and impacts on operations and maintenance to improve efficiency and reliability.
2. Implements, maintains, and may develop analytical tools for the analysis and solution of engineering problems.
Work Schedule: 9/80, Alternate Fridays off
Job Selection Criteria
* 10% Job Preparation
* 10% Written Communication
* 10% Oral Communication
* 15% Interpersonal Effectiveness
* 15% Organization & Analytical Ability
* 20% Technical Skills & Knowledge
* 20% Project Management
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and four years of relevant experience, of which two years must have been at the Assistant Engineer II level; or Master's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and two years of relevant experience which must have been at the Assistant Engineer II level.
Relevant experience is defined as: technical work experience leading projects with security or electronic systems
General Required Knowledge of: Engineering principles, practices and applications in specific discipline; project schedules and budgets; applicable federal, state and local laws, codes and regulations related to area of responsibility; and current office technology and equipment.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
Employees in this position may be required to obtain and maintain the following certifications, licensing and registrations:
Certificates: Engineer in Training (EIT)
License: Valid California Class C Driver License that allows you to drive in the course of your employment is required at time of application.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, AND VISION REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the job duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the job duties.
Physical Demands: The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as personal computers and record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above-average agility and dexterity.
Work Environment: The work involves moderate risks or discomforts that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, carts, or machines, or irritant chemicals; etc. Employees may be required to use protective clothing or gear such as masks, gowns, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shields.
Vision Requirements: No special vision requirements.
* Competitive compensation
* Excellent medical, dental, life, vision and retirement plans, including pension plan and 401k (with matching contribution), tuition reimbursement, and more
* Training and advancement opportunities
* On-site fitness center
* Excellent working environment
* Hub of public transportation: rail, subway, buses, and taxis
* Public transportation reimbursements and van pools
For more information on MWD benefits, please use the following link: http://www.mwdh2o.com/PDF_Careers/benefits.pdf
This job announcement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a . . . To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: http://www.respondhr.com/60281488