Level Designer - Treyarch at Treyarch Corporation
Posted in Art 20 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
We are looking for talented and passionate Level Designers to join our team. The ideal candidates will have experience in game design, strong visual aesthetics, solid problem solving skills and like us are passionate about playing and creating great games!
What you’ll do:
- Create fun and exciting experiences using an array of game mechanics.
- Own & drive major design initiatives from start to finish.
- Help mentor other designers on a regular basis.
- Work with design leadership, artists, and other level designers to deliver environments that embody the creative vision of the game.
- Research subject matter related to the history and look of locations portrayed in a level.
- Work alongside other designers, artists, animators and engineers to create levels that are not only incredibly fun, but look great and run well.
- Detail and polish geometry based on photo reference and concept art.
Ideally, you will have:
- Passion for First Person Shooters, Console or PC.
- Minimum three years of design experience, ideally on a FPS title.
- Good spatial and layout design skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other designers, management and peers in other disciplines.
- Overall knowledge of game design processes including, but not limited to, level flow, engagement design, pacing, storytelling, etc.
- Be proactive in communicating progress and solving problems.
- Proficiency with one or more 3D level/world creation packages.
- Familiarity with recent shooters and the trends of the genre.
- Clear understanding and appreciation of schedules and milestones.
You’ll really grab our interest if you have:
- Experience with the Radiant level editor.
- Mod community experience.
- Shipped a AAA title.
- Architecture background.
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time. Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty’s popular Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.