Manager, TLB Operations at Estes Forwarding Worldwide, LLC
Posted in Executive 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Gardena, CaliforniaJob Description:
Estes Forwarding Worldwide, LLC
EFW is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Job ID 2018-1648
# of Openings 1
Job Location US-CA-GardenaCategory Truckload Brokerage
Type Regular Full-Time
Shift 2nd (Day)
Founded in 2003, Richmond-based Estes Forwarding Worldwide (EFW) is a domestic and international freight forwarder. At EFW, we are always on. Our commitment to personal service has made us a leader in logistic solutions across the globe. With offices across the country, EFW offers a full range of domestic and international solutionsincluding air, ocean, ground and international transportationthat few competitors can match.
The Manager, Truckload Brokerage Operations, reports directly to the Manager, Regional TLB Operations. The Manager, Truckload Brokerage Operations, is accountable for all fiscal and operational functions within the Truckload station of Estes Forwarding Worldwide, and leading, directing and managing operations and sales to ensure a consistently high level of service, quality and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for maintaining profitable, cost-efficient Truckload operations, guiding and supporting all sales efforts and compliance with all company policies and procedures as well as any regulatory guidelines.
- Lead, direct, and manage site operations to ensure maximum profitability and superior customer service.
- Manage station and company resources to facilitate quality and efficient operations.
- Establish and maintain positive, productive customer relations while managing daily resolution of issues. Establish and continuously improve processes to ensure excellent customer relations.
- Plan and monitor daily staffing schedules and adjusts accordingly to ensure adequate staffing that supports Truckload operational demands and business objectives.
- Lead, direct, and manage all Truckload location functions to ensure that all staff perform at or above company and customer standards.
- Work directly with the Manager, Regional TLB Operations to ensure station is using the appropriate mix of multimode providers and assist in the implementation and compliance measurements of external service partners.
- Review and evaluate Truckload location P&L performance and continually adjust short and long term goals to maintain profitability at or above company expectations.
- Ensure that freight is being expedited in a safe and timely manner and that the station provides a safe and professional environment for all staff.
- Provide Supervisors with daily guidance and support on any issues relating to Truckload operations, communication, human resources and company policies.
- Ensure that all staff adheres to company and station policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular performance reviews for all staff, promptly address any employee performance problems and provide coaching or counseling as appropriate.
- Support and promote company core values.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Comply with company C-TPAT and TSA security procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 3-5 years of experience in the Transportation industry. Three years supervisory or managerial experience. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, web-based, and job specific software applications.
- Proven competence to communicate clearly and persuasively with all levels of an organization.
- A team player with a high level of energy and self-motivation.
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to identify issues, requirements, and opportunities involved in customer service.
- Ability to manage all financial aspects of a designated station.
- Experience managing external service providers (airline, cartage, truckload, line-haul).
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written/oral communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects and set priorities.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting, in a fast paced environment.
- Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization. Must be mentally and emotionally capable of handling a high stress environment.
- Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence.
- Ability to work with managers or directors and communicate ambiguous concepts.
- Ability to present to groups across the organization.
- Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis.
- Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
- At this time, EFW will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- EFW offers an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status.