Research Associate - Lead at Organovo
Posted in Research 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: San Diego, CaliforniaJob Description:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We are looking for a Research Associate to join our Tissue Testing Team.
Research Associate Responsibilities:
- Coordination and oversight of team's daily activities, supervision and training of employees.
- Customer report generation
- Primary cell culture and maintenance of bioprinted tissues for customer and internal studies.
- Develop and optimize assays aimed at cell/tissue analysis
- Identify and implement new assay technologies that have an impact on assay throughput and/or performance
- Coordinate with supply chain to ensure availability of necessary materials.
- Prepare detailed SOPs that enable transfer of validated assays to project teams and customers
- Management of junior staff members
- Other Duties as assigned
Research Associate Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of work in an industrial setting required
- Substantial experience with mammalian tissue culture, reagent preparation, operation of advanced lab equipment, ELISA, QPCR, Enzymatic assays, and imaging systems required
- Experience working collaboratively within a team to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to follow protocols / standard operating procedures (SOPs) without deviation.
- Ability to accurately report work in laboratory notebooks/data reports and present results of work in departmental meetings
- Detail and task oriented
- Positive attitude and keeps calm under pressure
- Some weekend work will be required
- An aptitude for working well with others
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and Organovo retains the discretion to modify functions, responsibilities, duties and skills at any time, including modifying the time devoted to such activities, deleting activities, and assigning other activities.
Organovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 858-224-1057 for assistance.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Location: San Diego, CA
Job Type: Research
Experience: 3 to 5 years
Date Posted: 1/25/2018