IT Services Engineer at Qualys, Inc.
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Foster City, California
As IT Services Engineer, you will be the initial contact point for all corporate end user support issues. Joining a dynamic team involved with supporting the employees, systems and networks within Qualys global corporate environment. As an award winning public SaaS Company, we're looking to provide top-notch support that increases productivity. You should have at least 3 years IT experience and a proven ability to solve end user issues in a timely, professional manner.
- Provide help desk support to corporate end users (on-site and remote).
- Responsible for computer imaging and asset assignment.
- Setup IT assets for new user work areas.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and operating system issues. The corporate environment primarily consists of Windows and Mac platforms.
- Apply understanding and knowledge of information systems products andservices to solve problems.
- Leverage centralized help desk ticketing system to ensure SLAs are being met.
- Provide assistance with IT projects and implementations as needed.
- Work with the Facilities department for cross department projects.
- Responsible for hardware and software procurement.
- Responsible for IT asset management.
- Minimum 3 years experience in IT support.
- Bachelors degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or other related field.
- Excellent troubleshooting and customer service skills.
- Proven knowledge of both Windows and Mac OS X operating systems is a must.
- Deep knowledge of the Microsoft Office productivity suite is a must.
- Experience with a centralized ticketing system.
- Experience imaging computers (both Windows and Mac platforms).
- Knowledge of Windows Active Directory and related technologies (DNS, DFS, file sharing, centralized printing, etc.)
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts and technologies (TCP/IP, DHCP, VLAN, VPN, etc.)
- Thorough approach to troubleshooting and task completion. Attention to detail is a must.
- Ability to work independently but also know when to ask for help/guidance.
- Experience supporting cloud applications. Some examples are: Box, Google Apps and Okta.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks.
- Must be a team player that is willing to learn and share knowledge amongst team members.
- Working knowledge of IT security best practices.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Linux experience is a plus.
Qualys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with disability.