The Wellesley Centers for Women (WCW) is the largest academic, women-and gender-focused, social-change-driven, research-and-action institute in the United States, located at Wellesley College. Scholars at WCW advance gender equality, social justice, and human wellbeing through high-quality research, theory, and action programs. WCW's social change work has influenced policy, practice, and programs since 1974.
• Determine strategy and implement plan for annual giving appeals and outreach throughout the year.
• Oversee and coordinate operations and logistics for direct mail and online appeals, including developing optimal production schedules; segmenting and preparing detailed data files; developing messaging and writing appeal letters; and managing vendor relations..
• Create motivating communications and messaging for fundraising print and online materials to keep constituents informed, inspired, and connected to WCW's work. Collaborate with the External Relations team to develop messaging and include fundraising messages in our online communications.
• Manage WCW's donor recognition programs and proactively recommend opportunities for improvement, including programs for new, lapsed, frequent, leadership, and planned giving.
• Manage donor recognition in the annual Honor Roll of Donors and oversee the stewardship reporting process for both endowed and special gift funds.
• Coordinate other outreach efforts, including managing logistics and vendor relations for fundraising events and executing specialized mailings and communications.
• Keep current on latest developments and best practices for annual giving and donor relations.
• Support general fundraising projects and tasks as needed.
• Bachelor's degree and 3+ years closely related experience; experience in and familiarity with a fundraising environment preferred
• Strong project management skills and highly organized; Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, and prioritize work to meet defined goals and objectives
• Proven track record in establishing strategy and achieving results
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Demonstrated success in messaging development and communications; Excellent writing skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with internal and external constituents.
• Ability to work proactively and independently
• Experience coordinating and managing events
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Experience with Blackbaud Raiser's Edge, or experience with similar fundraising database; Knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Interest in and commitment to the mission and work of WCW
• Occasional travel may be required
EEO/Affirmative Action Statement
Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.