Director, Corporate Communications at Burson-Marsteller
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
Director (Vice President)
Around the world, the people who make up Burson-Marsteller are committed to helping our clients – whether companies, organizations or governments – succeed in Being More. Our commitment is driven by our belief that the most successful organizations are guided by a clear sense of purpose – a distinct and powerful world view that shapes their business, guides their actions and ultimately determines their reputation and success.
Burson-Marsteller was one of the original innovative leaders in strategic, integrated approaches to communications, a force for change in public relations, marketing and other ways to reach key audiences. We have remained a leader ever since.
Today this leadership is stronger than ever, as integrated communications continues to define what we mean by Burson-Marsteller, Being More. The power, speed and methods of communications are changing fast. But the core principles of integrated strategic communications and implementation on which Harold Burson and Bill Marsteller founded our firm more than 65 years ago have not changed. Burson-Marsteller, Being More means being more confident in our ability to communicate with more people, in more places, with bigger ideas, through constantly changing communications channels and with more impact.
Director, Corporate Communications
We are looking of an experienced integrated communications professional with expertise in corporate reputation management, corporate social responsibility, executive visibility, thought leadership, awards and rankings strategy, and media relations. This person will work across a variety of the agencies largest accounts and will play an integral role on the success of corporate positioning and executive visibility campaigns.
- Serve as client lead for ongoing corporate positioning campaigns for a variety of the agencies largest clients, across a variety of industries
- Support the communications strategy around clients’ corporate social responsibility programs focused on philanthropy, community impact, diversity and sustainability
- Advise on thought leadership strategies and valuable platforms to advance executive visibility
- Develop awards & recognition strategy, and support the execution of awards and rankings submissions, on behalf of our clients, to enhance corporate reputation in priority areas
- Draft messages, presentations, executive communications, internal communications, and other media and marketing materials to support the above programs
- Develop communication plans for the client, participate in new business development, and support organizational initiatives
- Act as primary resource for issues-oriented writing and executive level commentary
- Manage team agency teams up to 10 people across a variety of levels
- Identify and pursue business opportunities with existing clients, leading creative brainstorms and offering non-traditional ideas to address client opportunities
Burson-Marsteller's Healthcare, Technology, Corporate and Financial Communications Group offers strategic counsel and execution that is aligned with our client’s business objectives. We deliver expert guidance and implementation support on critical communications issues. Whether the goal is to build awareness and buy-in around a new corporate vision, guide a CEO through the first 100 days of leadership, or design a strategy to reach local constituencies and national influencers, this group develops solutions that sustain corporate value and drive business results.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of previous public relations work experience with a focus on corporate reputation management programs and initiatives
- Strong client-service skills and ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and across the agency
- Advanced writing skills, ability to write for senior level management and audiences, and proficiency in editing and composition
- Ability to supervise and motivate account staff, and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and produce program outlines for creative brainstorms
- Strong strategic-thinking skills, and the ability to handle and manage stressful situations
- Ability to develop and present new business pitches, and strong project-management skills
- Willingness to roll-up sleeves and get things done attitude
- Ability to travel onsite as needed
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous experience in a public relations agency
- Writing and editorial services skills; familiarity with message and content development
- Knowledge of PowerPoint with the ability to produce brand compliant decks and other materials including design of charts, schematics, etc.
- Proactive with positive attitude
What we offer
You will find a collegiate and collaborative environment at Burson-Marsteller. We fill our offices with diverse and talented individuals who are happy to come to work each day and are driven to deliver innovative solutions to our celebrated client roster. We offer an unmatched depth and breadth of capabilities and industry strengths, matched by cutting edge tools to include our unique evidenced based communications approach. By leading the industry in thought and innovation, we create value for our shareholders and exciting new growth opportunities for our people and our company. Care to join us?
Burson-Marsteller, established in 1953, is a leading global public relations and communications firm. It provides clients with strategic thinking and program execution across a full range of public relations, public affairs, reputation and crisis management, advertising and digital strategies. The firm’s seamless worldwide network consists of 73 offices and 85 affiliate offices, together operating in more than 110 countries across six continents. Burson-Marsteller is a part of Young & Rubicam Group, and a subsidiary of WPP (NASDAQ: WPPGY), the world’s leading communications services network.
Burson-Marsteller is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.
See Job Description