Die Cast Set Up / Operator - Zinc at Dynacast
Posted in Other 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Elgin, IllinoisJob Description:
Location: Elgin, IL - Dynacast
Dynacast is the world leader in precision die cast components. Put simply, we help forward-thinking companies the world over create more innovative, higher performing products.
Of course, we can only do this because we combine pioneering technology with the best people on the planet. People dedicated to getting the job done, no matter what. People who are both experts in their fields and hungry to learn more. People driven to succeed.
If this sounds like you, we should talk. Whether you're fresh out of college and can't wait to make a difference or a seasoned professional ready for your next challenge, we're here to help you aim higher and go further.
Build your future with Dynacast - let's get to work.
Summary of Position:
Performs operation of casting/ molding machines and related equipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the die is running properly.
- Responsible for setting die into machine and make any adjustments to machine program settings as needed
- Gather first off pieces following set up and deliver to quality for inspection.
- Responsible for observing and checking assigned casting/molding machine operations.
- Responsible for observing quality of products for excessive flash, surface finish of casting and other obvious or specifically cautioned defects.
- Help other operators as needed.
- Strong mechanical ability
- Intermediate math skills
- Previous experience in Aluminum Die Casting or metals Die Casting. Experience in injection molding also a plus.
- Lifting/pushing/pulling/carrying up to
- 05 lbs. constantly
- 35 lbs. frequently
- 60 lbs. occasionally
- Sitting, standing, kneeling, climbing, bending, and stooping frequently • Regular exposure to heat, dirt, grease and fumes.
All shifts available, 1st, 2nd and 3rd in our Casting departments.
Hours for 1st shift are 7:00am to 3:30pm, 2nd shift is 3:00pm to 11:30pm and 3rd shift is 11:00pm to 7:30am
The Elgin plant is located at:
195 Corporate Drive, Elgin, IL