Haul Truck Driver Warren County at MidSouth Paving, Inc.
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Camak, Georgia
Postal/Zip Code: 30807
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of Oldcastle Materials Southeast Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project. Midsouth Paving, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.
This is a skilled position requiring three years of related experience. This individual will drive a truck equipped with dump body to transport and dump loose material such as gravel and crushed rock. All qualified applicants must have mining experience. This position requires the ability to make pre and post trip inspections, oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to the truck, and lift/move transported materials as needed. Applicants are not required to have a Commercial Drivers’ License but must have a current driver's license.
- At the beginning of the shift, perform an inspection of the truck including but not limited to the following:
check oil, water, horn, lights, tires, windshield, windshield wipers, fire extinguisher, fuel, and seat belt
clean mirrors and windows-start engine and allow warm up period, check braking and steering
- Report any defects to the supervisor (if the equipment is a safety hazard, do not drive it at all and report to the supervisor immediately)
- Drive truck to pit/stockpile and position truck for loading by loader operator/storage bin. Drive truck to primary crusher/stockpile and dump material into the primary crusher/on the stockpile. Lower bed of truck and drive to be loaded again
- Must be able to perform repetitive work: Involves performing a few routine and uninvolved tasks over and over again according to set procedures, sequence, or pace with little opportunity for diversion or interruption.
- Physical demand requirements require light level work: exert up to 10 to 50 pounds of force and/or a negligible amount of force to move objects and the ability to sit for approximately ten hours.The distance in feet the individual moves in the work area is generally 10 to 50 feet
- May be exposed to conditions such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, and gases that affect the respiratory system, eyes and skin. Must have mining experience
- Constantly required to hear sounds and have clarity of near or far
- Requires climbing on and off of the truck which requires balance and equilibrium
- Requires use of feet for repetitive movements such as foot controls while driving truck
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2 to 3 years of mine related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.