Manager, Retail Technology - Supply Chain (Hopkins) at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Manages the Regions activities involving Finance, Operations, and Support of SUPERVALU technology solutions for independent retail customers while achieving committed sales and profit goals. Provides a focal point for the management of Retail business technology planning and the implementation in coordination with other Regional organizations, outside resources, and the non-corporate retail customers across the Region.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Operates under the region financial budgets and marketing strategies within corporate guidelines to attain regional business goals and improves wholesale food performance.
- Develops solutions for issues identified and then initiates corrective actions to improve the overall effectiveness of these processes.
- Establishes Retail Technology business plans with regional marketing and SUPERVALU home office management to attain SUPERVALU regional goals that improve wholesale food profit performance, increased retailer participation, and improved retailer profitability.
- Supervision of operations staff for deployment, support, and invoicing of retail technology applications and services.
- Directs the on-site customer support when required for retail technology product offerings.
- Coordinates the hardware/software maintenance process for all retail technology products installed at retail throughout the select regional service providers.
- Monitors service performance, keeps abreast of developments, and takes corrective/appropriate actions when required.
- Initiates and maintains contact with retailers to proactively evaluate the performance of the SUPERVALU preferred retail technology products while also measuring the effectiveness of the implementation, training and support services.
- Adheres to region/corporate policies for retailer equipment purchasing and region capital purchases.
- Monitors key technology strategies and offerings of competitive wholesalers, retailers, and service providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or similar quantitative field preferred, but not required.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience in retail or wholesale operations.
- Supervisory or team leadership experience required.
- Financial, mathematical, statistical, marketing and/or merchandising background to read, interpret, and understand how internal and external factors influence financial results.
- Organizational and project management experience a plus.
- Ability to transfer knowledge to retail teams for implementation or support at store level.
- Possess a high degree of self-management, problem solving and analytical ability. Must have ability to interact across various teams to work in cooperation with others to achieve desired results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within and outside of the company.
- Must have the ability to represent the company’s interests to outside professionals and vendors.
- Advanced computer skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Possess the ability to analyze, interpret and create a plan of action on issues, ideas or ways to build sales within the organization. Ability to focus on the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Some travel may be required.
Why Work for Supervalu?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.