Buyer at Mississippi Lime Company
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Ste. Genevieve, Missouri
Conducts daily purchasing activities for equipment, repairs, and supplies. Prepares and distributes requests for quotation and analyzes bids. Assists on preparing purchase orders based on approved requisitions or on standard reorder points. Processes change orders, and notifies suppliers of material and quantity requirement changes. Contacts suppliers on cost adjustments and incorrect material receipts. Performs order expediting functions. Interfaces with the Accounts Payable Department and suppliers to ensure timely resolution of invoicing/receiving problems
- Assists the Purchasing Managers on purchasing activities as required. Prepares and distributes requests for quotation. Analyzes competitive bids, determines total cost of ownership for parts, repairs, and supplies.
- Works with all members of the Purchasing Department to develop purchasing strategies and programs including supplier selection and evaluation.
- Communicates regularly with suppliers and repair service providers. Schedules and expedites normal and emergency deliveries.
- Obtains returned goods authorizations and shipping instructions from suppliers for all repair purchase orders.
- Ensures compliance with company policy and prudent purchasing procedures.
- Maintains functional knowledge of automated purchasing and software systems.
- Participates actively in company safety programs.
- Manages the solid fuel inventories and monthly reporting.
- Manages diesel fuel, bio-diesel and unleaded fuels inventory and monthly reporting.
- Enters inter-plant lime shipment receipts.
High School diploma and three years of purchasing experience, Associate Degree and one year purchasing experience, or at least five years in a related business environment. Bachelor's Degree preferred if no related experience. Capable of managing buying decisions, establishing strong supplier relationships, and cost reduction strategies. Strong negotiating, analytical, and computer abilities, with good written and verbal communication skills. A team player with effective interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.