Technical Services Support Manager at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Software 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Plans, coordinates and supervises all activities in their
specialty field related to the design, development and implementation of
application/infrastructure systems, services, and processes. Supports the maintenance
and upgrading of their existing application/infrastructure systems and
services. Leads team on issues related to the design, development and
deployment of mission-critical information, infrastructure and/or software
systems. Manages a team and/or Team
Leads, establishing goals and objectives, managing performance and deliverables
and developing and mentoring staff.
- Establishes the future state support organization
for our Oracle Cloud Fusion deployment.
- Manages the development of knowledge for Business
processes and data; Oracle Cloud product functionality and configurations; technical
solution and development objects; Oracle Release coordination; Security and
controls design and administration.
- Defines the production support processes and
staffing needs for both Hyper-care and steady state support.
- Manage 3rd party support organizations for
financial application suite.
- Ensures staff is adhering to organizational
methodologies, company policies and procedures.
- Accountable for all aspects of managing the team
including; setting goals and objectives, managing performance, developing
associates, staffing, promotions and salary administration, manages performance
utilizing organization’s performance management system, practices and tools;
applying them to developing and improving individual, team, and organizational
- Partners with the Business Sponsor and delivery
teams to determine technical feasibility of proposed changes for their business
area. Participates in Technical Service
Roadmap strategic planning with business customers and in the annual
operational planning cycle.
- Provides functional management for PMs
delivering business area efforts.
- Assists with determination of scope and business
requirements for changes in their business area. Reviews and approves proposals for the
utilization of Technical Service resources and techniques to systems or
infrastructure, processes, and procedures, works with external vendors as
- Manages the execution and delivery of department
projects, including problem definition, and recommendation of changes to
systems, infrastructure or processes. Where
applicable, ensures that Service Level Agreements are created and systems are
stable for turnover to support services.
- Oversees efforts in working with
application/infrastructure support organizations to assist in the hand-off
between development and support. Maintains
customer relationship and integration of activities through regular
communications with business/Technical Service managers and directors.
- Develops project plans including resource and
capital requirements; provides input into budgeting process regarding area
expenses such as travel, training, etc.
- Contributes to the ongoing evolution of
process/methodologies that pertain to the software development lifecycle,
people management, business process or information services.
- 6-8 years of relevant of Information Technology
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
- Experience leading a team required.
- Demonstrated ability to influence key Technical
Service and business leaders.
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
skills, strong customer focus and demonstrated ability to work in
geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Exposure to methodologies and specific quality
assessment/certifications such as ISO and CMMi.
- Some travel may be required. Flexible with work hours to accommodate the
time differences of a global workforce.
Why Work for
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in
the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by
providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise
every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the
best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label
products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With
a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you
the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected
veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer –
M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.