CDL A Truck Driver - Battle Ground, WA at Oldcastle Building Envelope Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Job ID: 126751
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is seeking an experienced CDL Class A driver to deliver product to local and out-of-state customers Monday thru Friday.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle and load/unload glass and/or metal products, secure the load, make multiple deliveries, and provide excellent customer service
- Periodically help with loading products onto a truck for the next days' route
- Ensure trucks are operating efficiently by performing through daily pre- and post-trip inspections
Maintain safe operations and a clean personal appearance by complying with organization operational policies, procedures, and standards, as well as state and local driving rules and regulations
Maintain truck and driving records by reporting information, completing driver logs and truck performance forms
- Regular and predictable attendance, the ability to safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job
- At least 21 years old
- Valid Class A license obtained from a licensed truck driver training program, with an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Minimum of two years driving a tractor and semi-trailer or a straight truck
- Clean driving record over the last three years with no tickets or accidents (no major traffic violations on driving record)
- Ability to obtain a medical examiner’s certificate of physical qualification
- Meet all DOT requirements
- Dependability, good English verbal and written communications skills, and good customer relations and people skills
- Have the ability to read and interpret mathematical measurement of glass sizes and properly read and use a tape measure
- Electronically log hours of service and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Knowledge of proper location, distribution, and securement of cargo, specifically glass
- Skilled at handling varying road, traffic, and weather conditions
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 lbs. unassisted as needed
Safety is a primary concern in our operation, and it is mandatory that drivers follow all DOT requirements and plant safety rules and regulations including wearing all necessary safety equipment. Each driver is responsible for maintaining his/her assigned vehicle in the best and safest manner possible.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.