Graphic Designer at E&J Gallo Winery
Posted in Design 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
Responsible for creating a visible image that can be used in media and print. Uses software and hand-rendering to design products that meet the needs of the sales organization. This position will require innovative thinking and the ability to communicate effectively.
Gallo Wine Sales of NJ does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- Uses various software programs (Adobe, Photoshop) to design, layout and print promotional material for retail sales and restaurant division which include the following: Retail Posters, Shelf Talkers, A-Frames, Banners, Miscellaneous Flyers, and Monthly Price Sheets.
- Scans images and prepares artwork for outside production of posters and T-shirts.
- Maintains and troubleshoots printing room computers, printers, risograph, sorter and cutter; calls for service when necessary.
- Cuts finished print jobs.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years of graphic design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Hands on computer experience in the latest Adobe creative suite.
- Demonstrated creative thinking skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of graphic design experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Prior experience with Photoshop.
- An impressive online portfolio full of digital/interactive work, video or flash design.
- Expert in Adobe Creative Suite with a focus on InDesign, Photoshop, Flash and Illustrator.
- Proficient in creating logos, web banners, and landing pages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer