Customer Service Representative (Woodbury, MN) at 3M
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woodbury, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Customer Service Representative for the Business Services Organization Division located in Woodbury, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
The person hired for the position of Customer Service Representative will be highly-engaged and handle varied customer transactions; including inbound calls, customer order entry and servicing customer accounts; communicate with other departments and providers to research and resolve issues, identify and implement service solutions; monitor progress using service measurement systems; identify areas to improve communications and efficiency of operations through continuous improvement efforts; work to enhance knowledge in key service areas; and other duties as assigned.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Acts as the primary liaison with 3M customers
- Communicates clearly and professionally with 3M personnel by telephone and/or written correspondence
- Educates and informs the customer of various processes and directs customers to appropriate resources
- Develops and leads improvements and/or solutions to work processes and tools
- Links projects to business strategies and initiates actions that deliver results
- Handles non-routine and difficult inquiries. Adapts differing techniques and methods to develop solutions for a variety of complex issues
- Resolves non-routine and difficult customer complaints and ensures response to product and service inquiries - Has knowledge and understanding of the current processing systems and can provide service to internal and external customers
- Handles internal and external customer inquiries, claims and complaints; interprets policies and regulations, investigates problems; and communicate with other departments and providers to research and resolve issues, identify and implement service solutions
- Improves customer satisfaction by identifying patterns of problems and barriers to solutions. Provides insight to resolve problems
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Account Management Team
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) years of combined experience in customer service and/or sales in a private, public, government or military environment
- SAP system experience is preferred
- Experienced with cross-functional project leadership preferred
- Possesses exceptional customer service competencies
- Enjoys helping and interacting with other people in a friendly courteous manner and give continuous attention to customer satisfaction
- Ability to resolve conflicts effectively and take the initiative to resolve issues before they become problems
- Ability to work in a high volume rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment and willing to collaborate and compromise, including team leadership
- Strong Active Listening skills
- Ability to follow through with commitments and show concern for the needs of others
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products and 3M Customer Service systems
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to stay focused on tasks
- Good interpersonal skills
- Clear and conceptual thinking ability; excellent judgment and discretion
- Prefers to stay busy with a full workload and enjoys meeting challenges
- Ability to handle work-related stress; handle multiple priorities simultaneously; and meet deadlines
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.