Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician II at 3M
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
3M is seeking a Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician II for the Advanced Materials Division located in Seattle, WA. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician II will The Maintenance Electrician II performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines, plant equipment and facilities. Will engineer and build repair equipment as necessary. Other tasks include but are not limited to: usage of computer software, PLC and electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, data collection, calibrations, write procedures, and component level troubleshooting, cleaning, landscaping and repair.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Has substantial understanding of the job, and applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks
- Works on assignments that are difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work, general instructions on newly introduced assignments
This position will require:
- Working 2nd Shift (3:00 PM - 11:30 PM)
- Frequent physical demands including:
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Exposure to high temperature furnaces
- Confined spaces
- Exposure to fumes, heavy metals, carbon powder and various chemicals
This position may require:
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- Minimum combined five (5) years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic and/or Electrician
- Minimum combined ten (10) years of experience as a Maintenance Mechanic and/or Electrician
- Vocational schooling
- Ability to read complex schematics, electrical and electronic drawings
- Ability to troubleshoot PLC ladder logic, control power and CNC equipment
- Strong competencies in electrical and mechanical technology
- Work facility maintenance and outside on minor landscaping projects
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal in the English Language
Location: Seattle, WA
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
See job description.