Supervisor Application Development at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: New Britain, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This is a leadership positon to build and maintain Webster Bank's SOA application that integrates various applications in the Bank. This positon provides an opportunity for Webster to serve our customers with a highly competitive digital capability. This position will be key to the development of reusable and lightweight middleware services that can be built once and used by other applications in the Bank.
Beyond the integration and implementation, the position will provide development support on all enhancements, upgrades, monitoring and production support of the platform.
Ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual with passion for creating high quality software to allow our organization meet critical timelines and delivery goals. Expert in all aspects and techniques for defining user business and functional requirements for enhancements and projects, complex production support and root cause analysis, defining IT business solutions, and implementing IT business solutions. Provides work direction tasking and leadership to assigned team members in order to deliver projects on time and within budget.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
Describe the key responsibilities of this position in order of importance. Statements should be concise and action- oriented. This job profile is intended to be relatively generic and may be used across the organization. Responsibilities that are attributed only to one incumbent should not be listed unless they are so significant that they create a new position.
1. Formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems and industry requirements.
2. Develop detailed application, product, and/or tool selection evaluation criteria based on identified product requirements; assume full accountability for developing business and functional requirements for complex issues.
3. Leads design, build and test planning phases for medium to large scope enhancements and projects.
4. Coordinates production releases with internal and external partners. Manages associated risks effectively by producing appropriate risk mitigation plans.
5. Coach, mentor and supervise other team members as assigned in all ways including HR (performance reviews, etc.) Provides IT Manager with performance related input concerning the team members assigned to supervise.
6. Interacts with IT and PMO Senior Management on application level as well enterprise wide project planning and execution.
7. Is available for emergency support, possibly carrying company provided pager or cell phone.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly related field.
* 7 years of professional IT and business systems experience.
* 3 years of experience in leading small to mid-size teams.
* Excellent and proven interpersonal skills to include: verbal, written and technical communication skills.
* 5 -- 8 years of related experience -- OSB, JAVA, J2EE, SOA, EJB, Oracle Database
* Building Web Services (SOAP, WSDL) and API
* SQL and DB modeling
* SOA Middleware Design & Implementation