Enterprise Risk Analyst at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Southington, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Enterprise Risk Analyst
The individual will directly support the Enterprise Risk Management program and will contribute to the development and ongoing support of Webster's risk management programs. This position offers a growth and development opportunity for a candidate that seeks to acquire broad exposure across the enterprise. The incumbent will have high visibility and frequent interaction with senior/executive management which requires excellent oral and written communication skills, and professional demeanor. Strong interpersonal skills are essential in building relationships with risk management and line of business partners across Webster to drive strong risk culture.
- Engage with line of business and support functions heads to complete an annual assessment of strategic plan.
- Lead annual process for reaffirmation of the risk appetite statement. Monitor risk appetite against Webster's risk profile.
- Document and maintain policies, procedures, processes and internal controls related to the Enterprise Risk Management program and policy.
- Monitor compliance with Enterprise Risk Management policy and lead annual policy review and updates.
- Coordinate quarterly enterprise risk assessment. Maintain strong and effective relationships with stakeholders across the company, cross-functionally and collaboratively, to ensure effective risk identification, assessment and mitigation.
- Work on clear, accurate and timely reports for executive management including the CRO, risk management committees and the Board of Directors.
- Work in partnership with risk and LOB partners to dive strong risk culture across Webster through frequent and timely communication and education/training.
- Support development and ongoing maintenance of departmental risk management tools; effectively utilize tools to produce and distribute fully accurate key risk reporting and consistently evaluate tools for enhancement.
- Remain current with enterprise and operational risk regulatory guidance and industry best practices via public domain, industry-specific organizations, and internal contacts.
- Drive program enhancements in line with regulatory expectations and industry practices.
- Recognize/recommend process improvement opportunities and support implementation of solutions.
- Provide risk-based support on Line of Business and/or Webster-wide initiatives as assigned.
- BS in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required.
- Advanced degree such as MBA is preferred.
- 2-4 years relevant experience in the financial services or related industry with responsibilities related to risk management or oversight required.
- Understanding of operational risk, related control frameworks and practices (such as COSO), and regulatory requirements is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills
- Inquisitive nature, resourcefulness, and ability to seek out information
- Ability to work independently in a changing environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight timelines
- Prior experience with GRC platforms (example: RSA Archer, BWise, MetricStream) desirable