Administrative Assistant - Part-Time at Stevens Institute of Technology
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey
The School of Business seeks a part-time conscientious, reliable Administrative Assistant with a professional demeanor and strong work ethic to work as a member of the Dean’s office. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting the Dean's office with a wide variety of projects and support of the educational mission of the School of Business.
Qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years experience in a business and/or academic related field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Dean, Budget Manager and student workers to ensure daily office operations are smooth, effective and efficient
- Provide full support for visitors, external speakers and faculty candidates. Manage travel arrangements, draft agendas, coordinate scheduling and attendance, oversee room bookings, coordinate catering, and oversee any AV needs or additional materials. Assist with EMS (Event Management Systems)
- Assist with human resource needs, including the creation of requisitions in Workday, printing candidate resumes and coordinating interviews
- Handle routine budgetary processes such as Kuali applications, purchase orders and invoice processing. Check processing requests and ensure proper routing, approval, and follow through.
- Maintain mail room, office supplies and coordinate maintenance of office equipment; keep log book
- Expertise in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and other document management tools including Google Drive, OneDrive and other solutions
- Strong computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn and assimilate new systems and information
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to self-organize and solve problems
- Ability to maintain and project a professional image at all times with exemplary poise and diplomacy
- Maintain utmost confidentiality and discretion in all things, handling confidential and non-routine information with tact
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills, and ability to follow instructions
Interested applicants for this position should submit a cover letter and resume.
DepartmentSchool of Business- Administration (JM)
General Submission Guidelines:
In order to be considered a candidate for any job at Stevens, you must submit an online application. Please attach a cover letter and resume with each application. Other requirements for consideration may depend on the job.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions regarding your application, please contact Jobs@Stevens.edu
Stevens Institute of Technology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Accordingly, Stevens adheres to an employment policy that prohibits discriminatory practices or harassment against candidates or employees based on legally impermissible factor(s) including, but not necessarily limited to, race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, age, ancestry, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, atypical cellular or blood trait, genetic information, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, disability, or any protected military or veteran status.
Stevens is building a diverse faculty, staff and student body and strongly encourages applications from female and minority candidates as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. Stevens is a federal contractor under the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act (VEVRAA) and the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as well as other federal statutes.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure:
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. You can obtain a copy of this report by accessing the following web site: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/police