Senior Workers' Compensation Claims Adjuster at Amerisure Insurance Company
Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irving, Texas
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, ETC.)
Amerisure is an insurance organization charged with creating exceptional value for its Partners For Success® agencies, employees and policyholders. As a property and casualty insurance company, Amerisure’s promise to our partner agencies and policyholders begins with a comprehensive line of insurance products designed to protect businesses, as well as the health and safety of every employee. Amerisure is an A.M. Best “A” (excellent) rated company and services mid-sized commercial enterprises focused in construction, manufacturing and healthcare. We are ranked as one of the top 100 Property & Casualty companies in the United States, with more than $835 million in Direct Written Premium and $937 million in surplus.
Amerisure is currently recruiting for a Senior Workers’ Compensation Claim Adjuster for our Dallas office. The following are the responsibilities that an incumbent would need to be qualified for the position.
Provide quality investigation and analysis to adjust claims to proper conclusion. Generally works independently, handling the most complex matters, in one or more lines. Has settlement of up to $75,000.00. Represents and advances the success of the organization through their relationships with agents, and policyholders.
Essential Tasks/Major Duties
- Conduct complete investigation of losses through any appropriate techniques including interviews, recorded statements, documentation/data gathering and securing/preserving evidence
- Evaluate liability and damages; identify subrogation/salvage opportunities or suspicious claims. Prepare timely, concise reports as required. Promptly establish and maintain accurate reserves.
- Verify, analyze and correctly apply coverage.
- Develop strategy and negotiate claims to a timely conclusion, properly applying company and department policies and procedures. Decide on conclusion of loss (e.g. pay, deny compromise) based upon analysis of the facts, liability and statutory/case law.
- Determine need for and provide direction to defense counsel, independent adjusters or other technical experts. Monitor and control their costs. Attend hearings, pre‑trial settlement conferences, trials, etc., as required
- Keep agents, policyholders, underwriting and Corporate Claims advised of file status and other matters required.
- Involved in the promotion, marketing and advancement of the company through relationships with our PFS agents and their clients.
- Frequently involved in making presentations, meetings or visits to agents, policyholders, prospective accounts and other groups related to claims resolution, service or technical issues.
- Successfully complete relevant company‑sponsored continuing education as recommended by Claims Department Management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in insurance or a related field) or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a claims adjuster capacity preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Ability to successfully negotiate the settlement and disposition of claims including the ability to interpret related documentation
- Must be able to work independently and demonstrates the ability to exercise sound judgement
- Ability to understand legal concepts, practices, statues, regulations and case law
- Demonstrates proficiency in computer programs, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
WHEN APPLYING PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER SUCH AS CHROME, FIREFOX, ETC.
Just as we are committed to creating exceptional value for our Partners For Success® agencies and policyholders, Amerisure also remains committed to being an employer of choice. We reinforce this commitment by adhering to an Employee Value Proposition that, in part, is provided through a competitive total rewards package. Amerisure offers a Compensation & Benefits Package that includes competitive base pay, performance based incentive pay, comprehensive health & welfare benefits, 401(k) savings plan, and profit sharing. In addition to generous paid time off programs, we allow our employees flexible and remote work arrangements. If you strive for excellence and are committed to personal and professional growth, Amerisure is looking for you.
Amerisure Insurance provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amerisure Insurance complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Amerisure Insurance expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amerisure’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.