Ranch Hand at D.R. Horton, Inc.
Posted in General Labor 19 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fort Stockton, Texas
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title subsidiaries. Please visit our website at www.drhorton.com for more information.
D.R. Horton, Inc. is currently looking for a Ranch Hand for their Ranch Department. The right candidate will attend to livestock such as cattle, sheep, swine, and goats on farm.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Mixes feed and additives, fills feed troughs with feed, and waters livestock
- Herds livestock to pasture for grazing
- Examines animals to detect diseases and injuries
- Vaccinates animals by placing vaccine in drinking water or feed or using syringes and hypodermic needles
- Applies medications to cuts and bruises, sprays livestock with insecticide, and herds them into insecticide bath
- Confines livestock in stalls, washes and clips them to prepare them for calving, and assists Veterinarian in delivery of offspring
- Binds or clamps testes or surgically removes testes to castrate livestock
- Clips identifying notches or symbols on animal or brands animal with branding iron to indicate ownership
- Clamps metal rings into nostrils of livestock to permit easier handling and prevent rooting
- Grooms, clips, and trims animals for exhibition
- Cleans livestock stalls and sheds
- Maintains ranch buildings and equipment
- Plants, cultivates, and harvests feed grain for stock
- Maintains breeding, feeding, and cost records
Education and/or Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton, America's Builder.