Loan Processor I at Guild Mortgage Company
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: El Centro, California
Guild Mortgage Company, closing loans and opening doors since 1960. As a mortgage banking firm we are dedicated to serving the home owner/buyer. Our goal is to provide affordable home financing for our customers, utilizing the best terms available while providing a level of professionalism and service unsurpassed in the lending industry.
Process residential mortgage loans. Achieve production and quality metrics. Liaison between loan officer, borrower, underwriter and funding. Prepare and review loan file to ensure completeness of submission and supporting documents, as well as compliance with underwriting and investor guidelines. Monitor overall loan processing cycle time to ensure the loan closes on time. Communicate and coordinate the resolution of issues that delay loan closing timeline.
- Monitor the overall lending process, and identify, resolve and communicate issues that could impact timely closure of loans.
- Identify potential issues and communicate to consumer and loan officer.
- Request supporting documentation from borrower within required timeframes.
- Order and review all third party documentation, including credit checks, title reports, appraisals, tax returns, verifications of employment/assets, etc. to identify and address potential issues.
- Check ratios, and verify accuracy of AUS findings and program applicability.
- Review and verify documentation integrity to ensure it aligns with findings, completeness and compliance, and submit loan file to underwriting for approval.
- Update and verify accuracy of data input into system.
- Verify compliance with Company standards, federal and agency regulations, standards, and guidelines, as well as any applicable state-specific and or local regulations, ordinances, etc.
- Obtain and verify clearance of all underwriting conditions and prepare the file for submission to Closing.
- Order generation of loan documents.
- Use and modify templates to compose professional correspondence and emails.
- Provide status updates to Loan Officers, borrowers and agents.
- Stay current with federal and state regulations and industry guidelines.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college courses/technical training related to Business, Finance/Accounting, Legal, or related field is preferred.
- Total recent work experience includes one or more years experience in a processing loans or assisting in loan processing.
- Ability to build strong relationships with loan officers, production, underwriting, closing and other internal and external partners.
- General knowledge of overall mortgage lending internal processes and control, as well as federal, state, and regulatory requirements/guidelines related to consumer mortgage lending for conventional loans.
- Thorough knowledge of conventional loans, including various product/program guidelines, necessary conditions for approval, and investor specific guidelines.
- General knowledge of valid documentation related to processing consumer mortgage applications (e.g., tax returns, financial statements and records, verification of income and deposits, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; strong sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate math skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong detail orientation and highly organized.
- Prior experience using internal data entry systems, Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF/Document Retention programs.
- Work with guidance and supervision to develop analytical skills
- Work is frequently reviewed
- Low level of independent judgment and discretion related to area(s) of specialization
- Receive frequent guidance to resolve/escalate issues of high complexity
- Average monthly pipeline is 14 loans.
- Travel: 0%
- Physical: Work is primarily sedentary; occasionally walks and/or stands.
- Manual Dexterity: Frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
- Audio/Visual: Ability to accurately interpret sounds and associated meanings at a volume consistent with interpersonal conversation. Regularly required to accurately perceive, distinguish and interpret information received visually and through audio; e.g., words, numbers and other data broadcasted aloud/viewed on a screen, as well as print and other media.
- Environmental: Office environment – no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
Guild offers a pleasant work environment, competitive compensation and excellent benefits package; including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, LTD and 401(k) with employer match.
Guild Mortgage Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
See job description