Principal Engineer at Emerson Electric Co
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Marshalltown, Iowa
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure. A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Responsible for executing detailed phases of engineering work in a complex and major part of a complete project of broad scope, or in a total project.
- Specifies and designs/develops complex products and systems.
- Under the direction of the director of engineering performs engineering assignments including the responsibility for the engineering phases of a complete project or parts of complicated projects as assigned.
- Required to carry out all phases of product engineering involved in any project with a minimum of guidance in accordance with established engineering principles.
- Works closely with Systems Engineering and Marketing so that products and systems meet customer requirements.
- May provide guidance and direction to engineers (with less experience) and technicians assigned to specific projects.
- Attends professional engineering conferences as required.
- Prepares reports and other expository data connection with overall progress.
- Confers with management, peers and production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing designs
- Reviews designs and work of others and provides timely, constructive feedback
- Delegates appropriate tasks to subordinates and evaluates their performance
- Manages projects within approved schedules
- Works with external vendors in developing products, prototypes
- Participates with Marketing and other departments as necessary in development of product specifications
- Complies in the implementation, execution, and enhancement of the NPD process
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or technical equivalent and 8+ years related experience or MS in Engineering, Computer Science and 5+ years related experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Broad understanding and knowledge of electronics, software development, and SCADA systems.
- Understanding of current and emerging technologies as applied to oil and gas markets.
- Experience in leading a technical staff or demonstrated potential to lead
- Ability to communicate effectively with management, subordinates and peers
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering Concepts – Project Management, Risk Planning, Six Sigma and Quality is highly desirable
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.