Software Engineer at Aptiv
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Make a Delphi Difference on your first day.
At Delphi, we are dreamers who do. Our ideas inspire change. Our actions produce change. We collaborate, innovate, and execute with excellence, working hard to deliver a better drive today. And a better future, tomorrow.
Join our team. Impact the mobility transformation.
Electronics & Safety
Electronics and Safety provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, and connectivity systems, passive and active safety electronics, and displays. We enable Delphi to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
E&S currently has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer to develop embedded software for next generation interior sensing concepts, focusing on driver and passenger sensing. This position will be located at our corporate Technology Center in Kokomo, IN or our Troy, MI location . Relocation may be provided for the right candidate
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work within a global team to define and develop software for interior sensing features for automated driving and advanced vehicle HMI applications.
- Follow market and technical trends to guide innovation of new features for identification, position tracking, eye tracking, health monitoring, and intent modeling of vehicle drivers and passengers.
- Work in an agile software development environment by planning and tracking tasks over two week sprints
- Define and document system and software requirements, software architecture and software design
- Implement software designs or work with outside venders as appropriate
- Test and refine new features to ensure accuracy and user experience goals are met
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical fields.
- 6+ months of academic or work experience with C, C++, Java, Python or other similar programming languages
- 6+ months of academic or work experience working with Linux
- 6+ months of academic or work experience with machine learning, including neural networks and deep learning
- Passion for creating bleeding-edge technology
- High energy and motivated individual with a positive attitude looking to become part of team and inspire others
- Devotion to life-long learning
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar fields
- Embedded software development experience
- Experience with software configuration management systems such as git, Plastic, or svn.
- Experience with issue/task tracking using Jira
- Experience with machine vision and image processing using OpenCV
- Automotive product or system architecture knowledge-.rxd
- Working knowledge of ISO-26262 functional safety
- Ability to read schematics and hardware diagrams for software design and troubleshooting
- Experience with Ethernet, IP networking and client/server architectures
About the Organization
About the Organization
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions that enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
This position is currently accepting applications.