PROJECT ACCOUNTANT at MP Nexlevel
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Annandale, Minnesota
Summary of Position:
The Project Accountant is accountable for monitoring the progress of projects, investigating variance, approving expenses and ensuring that project billings are issued to customers and payments collected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor, invoice and reconcile work orders assigned via customer’s web-based software
- Track job progress to completion along with the A/R billing phase
- Utilize Excel to analyze and prepare month-end accruals for specific customer accounts
- Work with field personal to make sure all production records including redlines and maps are being submitted on a daily basis with all proper documentation
- Responsible for monitoring and maintaining customer account
- Assist with month-end reconciliations
- Perform other assigned tasks and duties necessary to support the Accounting Department
Essential Education and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred; one year related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The main physical demands of this job include sitting at a desk/computer for long periods of time. Also, the job may require focusing on a computer screen for several hours at a time.