IT Audit Program Manager at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: Southington, ConnecticutJob Description:
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values Webster was founded on. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what sets us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first. Working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
Manage IT audit staff, execute IT audits, complete periodic audit risk assessments, audit plan, and oversee annual SOX IT testing. Take a lead role in maintaining the audit methodology, and processes, serve as a technical resource for the audit department. Contribute to department initiatives in a contributor and leadership roles to achieve efficiencies and deliver the annual audit plan.
Specific requirements include:
- Complete IT audit program strategy, including budgets, scope and resource needs.
- Oversee and execute the IT audit program including tracking of audit work, its components, and issues.
- Identify and implement best practices; drive change within the internal audit and the firm to strengthen the control framework.
- Oversee audit work assigned to ensure that the work performed complies with stated requirements and objectives, internal audit policies and procedures, risk-based methodology and is documented and supported.
- Stay up to date with the information technology, industries, trends, and best practices.
- Stay up to date with evolving regulatory and market events impacting the risk organization.
- Maintain an awareness of current and emerging internal and external audit and IT issues in order to assess impact on audits.
- Deliver high quality audit results and well-crafted audit report deliverables on time that are executive ready and provide for impactful change to the Bank's internal control system.
- Follow up with accountable technology, business, and compliance leaders and their teams to ensure control issues are effectively resolved.
- Serve as the primary IT subject matter expert for the Audit department.
- Bachelor's degree in related field required.
- 5 plus years of audit experience and 5 plus years of direct IT or IT audit experience.
- Strong technology background in multiple IT disciplines (information security, infrastructure, database, networking, application development, etc.), and working knowledge of audit practices and standards.
- Prefer knowledge of banking and compliance laws and regulations.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and decision making skills.
- Industry-recognized, professional certification: CIA, CISSP, CISA, or related audit/technical designation