07 Social Development Director at Adams and Associates
Posted in Nonprofit - Social Services 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Joliet, Illinois
- ï‚· Follows all integrity guidelines and procedures and ensures no manipulation of student data.
- ï‚· Ensures Center meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- ï‚· Interviews, recommends for hire, disciplines, recommends for termination and evaluates the performance of the employees in the Social Development Department.
- ï‚· Responsible for the Student/Peer Leadership program and supervision and direction of the staff responsible for student/peer leadership programming.
- ï‚· Responsible to provide students with quality and structured non-class hour activities including leadership, student government, recreation and other special programs.
- ï‚· Responsible for and oversees the extended training day program. Coordinates extended training activities with E&T staff and community partners.
- ï‚· Responsible for the behavior management system of the Center during non-class hours to ensure safety of staff and students.
- ï‚· Coordinates staff coverage to ensure student areas are supervised.
- ï‚· Ensures all staff adhere to rest and meal break requirements.
- ï‚· Fills staff vacancies in a timely manner.
- ï‚· Employs sound time-management and delegation skills. Holds staff accountable for producing quality work, develops staff for career progression and disciplines staff that fail to meet goals.
- ï‚· Provides required/supplemental training for new and current employees.
- ï‚· Effectively motivates, empowers and requires staff to perform his/her job responsibilities. Motivates and manages staff to work effectively, creates a supportive work environment, recognizes staff accomplishments and proactively addresses staff performance concerns
- Develops Center-beneficial linkages within the community for education, employment, Career Technical Training and WBL. Promotes a positive image of the Center and Job Corps and establishes meaningful relationships with elected officials.
- ï‚· Mentors, monitors and models the Career Success Standards as required by the PRH.
- ï‚· Provides high-quality supervision and management for the student population. Takes swift and appropriate action and positively influences student behavior. Shows respect and courtesy to students and holds them accountable for their actions and behavior.
- ï‚· Provides quality programs and services for students and ensures that quality is maintained and student needs are met. Pursues improvement and enhancement of programs and services.
- ï‚· Exchanges ideas and information, both orally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner and contributes meaningfully to group efforts by offering relevant ideas and knowledge. Provides quality and timely information to DOL/Company when requested.
- ï‚· Effectively articulates thoughts and ideas. Identifies problems, analyzes causes and evaluates appropriate solutions prior to taking or recommending actions. Follows up to ensure prompt/appropriate action is taken and ensures that problems are, in fact, corrected.
- ï‚· Works in partnership with staff from all Departments to ensure effective supervision and services are provided to students.
- ï‚· Accepts direction and supervision from the Center Director to include assignments to temporarily perform job responsibilities of other departments and positions.
- ï‚· Other duties as assigned.