Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: lake mary, Florida
The Sr. Director, Business Development & Trade Relations will drive the growth of both CuraScript SD and Matrix GPO (Matrix) by critically evaluating and executing the organizations contracting and business initiatives. Utilizing a research based perspective on market dynamics, he/she will make recommendations about future growth prospects, identify our competitive Value Proposition, and work cross-functionally to operationalize projects and initiatives. He/she must work internally within CuraScript SD with Sales Operations, Sales Strategic Initiatives, Business Communications, Data Analytics, Purchasing & Contracting, and Operations. The Sr. Director will collaboratively monitor and manage the Pharma contracting priorities of the organizations, strategically partnering with the Pharma Relations and Pharma Account Management teams as well as the broader Express Scripts organization to identify, create and develop CuraScript SD s and Matrix s contributions to enterprise-wide ventures.
* Work collaboratively with CuraScript SD Leadership team to define a sustainable Specialty Distribution and Matrix Growth Strategy, cultivate C-Suite relationships with key industry collaborators (IDNs, GPOs and Pharma companies) and drive continued growth in this $1.8 Billion business. Work directly with the President to drive the Division s strategic agenda, ensuring investments in capital, systems and people are consistent with short-term performance and long-term sustainable competitive differentiation and direction.
* Gather and analyze market level data to better understand the competitive environment and identify attractive growth opportunities and new customer targets for CuraScript SD and Matrix while creating a sustainable position of competitive advantage and differentiation. Manage market research budget to assist in prioritization of CuraScript SD investments and IT projects while bringing a market research and fact based perspective to the discussion.
* Work cross functionally with the Pharma Strategy team to gain access to new drugs in targeted physician specialties, improve profitability of existing Pharma agreements and enhance the attractiveness of CuraScript SD and Matrix to emerging biotech as well as traditional Pharma clients.
* Lead the Customer Communication Strategy team (4 employees) responsible for managing the marketing expenses necessary to support the Division s E-Commerce efforts and sales organization. Work collaboratively with Sales Management to develop priorities and both internal and external communication pieces (e.g Catalogs, Trade Show correspondence, booth graphics, etc).
* Lead the Strategy & Business Development team (2 employees) responsible for the management of Matrix, monitoring the Emerging Biotech Drug Pipeline, preparing pro-formas on prospective new agreements/contracts with Pharma, and developing Value Propositions that differentiate the CuraScript SD product offering for Targeted Physician Specialty Clients and Matrix Member Value Offerings. Align team efforts with the Pharma Account Management and the Specialty Pharma Strategy teams.
* BA/BS degree; Master s degree preferred.
* 12+ years relevant experience including management and cultivating and developing C-Suite relationships in the pharmaceutical marketplace.
* Proven experience leading business development and ability to develop and drive strategic pharmaceutical sourcing initiatives and trade negotiations.
* Demonstrated experience using project management techniques and proven ability to lead multiple, highly visible projects simultaneously.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present clearly and effectively in formal and informal settings.
* Demonstrated ability to coordinate people and teams cross-functionally to resolve complex issues in designated time frames.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and travel requirements.
* High aptitude for technology, including Microsoft Office applications.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
At Express Scripts, we work endlessly to achieve our mission of making medicine more affordable and accessible for our patients, and our Specialty Distribution group plays a large role. Team members in this department offer healthcare providers access to a complete portfolio of specialty pharmaceuticals and ancillary supplies, ensuring patients easier access to their medicine and continuity of care in the future. We distribute to all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico and Guam, with three distribution centers: a main facility in Grove City, Ohio, and secondary locations in Arizona and Tennessee.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the \\"Most Admired Companies\\" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.