Environmental Specialist at Energy Transfer Partners
Posted in Compliance 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mont Belvieu, Texas
- Apply Company environmental policies and procedures effectively and consistently across your area of responsibility to ensure environmental compliance.
- Coordinate and provide technical support to operations, engineering, regulatory and construction personnel.
- Manage regional program to ensure that operations comply with applicable environmental regulations, permits, authorizations and agreements.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmental reports to various environmental agencies.
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of environmentally related permit applications.
- Represent Company in verbal and written interaction with federal, state and local environmental agencies as well as industry meetings and public hearings.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of current federal, state and local environmental laws and regulations that impact liquids and plant operations.
- Interpret regulations and provide training to company personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable requirements.
- Assist in preparation and implementation of operating and capital budgets.
- Develop environmental scopes of work, manage records, train and conduct audits of operations and construction activities.
- Write and review environmental procedures.
- Review, comment and communicate new environmental legislation and regulations.
- Safely operate a company vehicle.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
Essential Requirements: Experience. Educational & Special Training Required
- Bachelor Degree, Master's Degree preferred in Applied Science, Engineering, or other equivalent education.
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in environmental compliance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Environmental and Regulatory permitting with local, state and federal government agencies for gas and liquid pipeline facilities.
- Exceptional administrative skills.
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Organized and able to manage multiple activities and programs timely and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer savvy, Microsoft Office Suite consisting of Word, Excel, Project PowerPoint, as well as Adobe, Google Earth and/or GIS.
- Valid driver's license.
- Interpersonal skills -high degree of interaction with a variety of groups from field construction personnel, vendors and internal personnel (engineering, operations, management), teamoriented and self-directed. Has the ability to be proactive rather than reactive.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet
Energy Transfer is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected classifications