Northern Plains Trucking Mechanic at Complete Energy Services Inc.
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Greeley, Colorado
Business Unit ..
Northern Plains Trucking (NPT) is an oilfield services company serving Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming. Located in Greeley, Colorado, NPT was founded in 1997 and was acquired by Complete Production Services in 2008. With the acquisition by Superior Energy Services, NPT is now part of one of the largest oilfield service companies in the world.
We are currently seeking a Mechanic to join our team. The mechanic is responsible for the mechanical servicing and upkeep of all company equipment. The mechanic will perform scheduled preventative maintenance, troubleshoot problems, and perform necessary repairs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of the job) - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Troubleshooting - the mechanic, based on reports from the field, will diagnose problems with various types of diesel equipment, trailers, and frac equipment.
- The mechanic will understand the operation of the piece of equipment, and will understand the appropriate diagnostic tests. The tests will frequently require interpretation on the part of the mechanic.
- The mechanic will have to reach those critical areas of the equipment in order to perform the diagnostic tests, which can require awkward postures.
- Repairs - the mechanic will be required to perform the repairs dictated based on troubleshooting the equipment, or perform scheduled maintenance. Repairs of differentials, hydraulic and electrical systems are required. Access during repair can place the body in awkward posture. Handling of heavy items will occur, especially in the field. Welding experience a plus.
- The mechanic is required to have dependable and regular work attendance.
- Work may occur at field locations, in outdoor elements, and/or in the shop/indoor elements.
- Ability to utilize and maintain electronic records.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualification
- Associate's degree or completion of technical or vocational school degree and/or 3-4 years of related on-the-job experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality, willingly applies feedback from Supervisor to improve performance, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work on time and begins work day promptly at the scheduled work time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responding to Supervisor's direction, takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments, commits to long hours of work, completes tasks in a timely manner and notifies supervisor of progress.
- Knowledge of newer equipment.
- Must provide own set of tools.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes overtime, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English to the extent that s/he is able to understand as well as able to give verbal and written instructions to ensure safe and effective communication. The ability to perform simple math skills using whole numbers, fractions and decimals (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and simple calculations).
Excellent Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, Matching 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan
To be considered for this position please apply below.
Superior Energy Services and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. Drug Free Workplace.