Information Systems Security Officer (Guam, Santa Rita) at VSolvit, LLC
Posted in Other 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Rita, Guam
VSolvit LLC is seeking to hire a Information Systems Security Officer who will prepare and maintain DIACAP C&A submission documents of all applicable data and voice networks owned, maintained, or operated by our customer NCTS Guam. The successful Information Systems Security Officer plans and conducts security accreditation reviews, validation scans, and verification of installed systems and networks. Additionally, the Information Systems Security Officer periodically reviews and assures accurate records of all network devices are maintained by both the Operations, and Base Communication's Department personnel, to include detailed local network diagrams (LNDs), to include port and device function notations. The Information Systems Security Officer also prepares, and periodically updates, DIACAP C&A Plan associated enclosures, exhibits, and artifacts to reflect any significant changes which could affect system security and/or operational characteristics. Conducts and documents vulnerability and risk assessments using DISA STIGs and other approved tools (e.g. Gold Disk and/or Retina Scans), and direct proper remediation of findings, assuring inclusion on FISMA POA&M document. Performs updates to C&A source data files and tables on an 'as-occurs' basis to assure modernization activity documentation is accurate and timely.
The Information Systems Security Officer may also be responsible for the following activities:
* Applies IA and security principles, policies, practices, and procedures to ensure information system reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to information system resources. Analyzes, assesses, and interprets IT change and configuration control requirements to ensure IA standards are met.
* Coordinates risk and vulnerability assessments of current, planned, and engineered information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection controls.
* Evaluates and makes recommendation on IT acquisition, as well as ensuring the implementation and dissemination of IA security tools, procedures, and practices.
* Conducts information assurance evaluations, assessments, audits, analysis, reviews, and periodic testing of information systems to ensure compliance with IA policies, instructions, and directives.
* Conducts security accreditation reviews, validation, and verification of installed systems and networks.
* Audits and monitor IA compliance on systems, servers, and network device configurations and access lists.
* High School Diploma or GED
* 2+ years experience with DoD Information Systems processed
* 1+ years experience in a Information Systems Security OfficerS role
* 2+ years experience maintaining Information Security submission documents
* 5+ years experience supporting Information Technology initiatives
* Strong written, verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated sound decision making in an IA or IT role
* Experience with a variety of network technologies
* Experience working with US Navy Customer government
* CISSP / DIACAP
* Network administration experience on Windows, LINUX or UNIX a plus
* Bachelor s Degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
US Citizenship is REQUIRED
DoD Secret Clearance required
Join the VSolvit Team! Founded in 2006, VSolvit (pronounced 'We Solve It') provides geospatial and information technology consulting services and solutions to government and private section clients. VSolvit is an Award winning 8(m)/EDWOSB, SBA-certified 8(a)/SDB, CMMI Level 3, and a certified HUBZone company. We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance. We also offer 401K Retirement Plan options, Tuition Reimbursement, and other benefits for our full time employees. Our goal is to grow together and enjoy the work that we do as a team.
VSolvit LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Secret Security Clearance preferred or the ability to have a previous clearance reactivated. US Citizenship Required Must be able to obtain and hold a DoD Secret clearance
Information Assurance (IA) Specialist
Number of Openings
Proposal Letter Of Intent (LOI)
Information Assurance, IA, FISMA, Audit, Validation, Network, System Security, US Navy, Guam, DIACAP, CISSP
This position is currently accepting applications.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer