Ready Mix Driver, Norwich CT at Tilcon Connecticut Inc
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Norwich, Connecticut
Job ID: 129645
Tilcon Connecticut Inc., an Oldcastle Materials company, has played a vital role in building infrastructure around our state, serving the market from 23 locations throughout Connecticut. As a leading supplier of quality crushed stone, hot mix asphalt, and ready mix concrete, Tilcon Connecticut has supported the construction of superior roads, buildings and bridges. The most respected name in the construction industry, from the quarry to the road, Tilcon Connecticut does it all!
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then Tilcon Connecticut Inc. and Oldcastle Materials is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
This skilled position involves the safe and efficient operation of concrete mixer trucks. Work will be performed in accordance with the Concrete Supervisor’s instruction. Delivery and shift schedules will be directed and scheduled by Dispatch personnel. Shifts will often include some overtime. The Driver is responsible for the efficient working condition and cleanliness of his/her equipment.
- Pursuant to directions from Dispatch, the Driver will make the appropriate number of ready mix concrete deliveries each day in a timely manner.
- For each delivery, the Driver will do the following:
- Get out of the cab and on to the platform, then use a 2” hose to fill truck’s tank;
- After the truck is loaded, climb up the ladder to catwalk and rinse down truck.
- Once on the job, get out of the cab and safely climb down 3 steps to the ground;
- Pick up and attach a chute or chutes that weighs approximately 50 pounds;
- Operate the controls to deliver the concrete. This can be done from the ground using external controls or by climbing back up 3 steps and getting back into the cab of the mixer truck;
- Once the concrete is delivered, the Driver must get out of the truck, climb up the ladder to the catwalk and thoroughly rinse down hopper, fins in barrel, drop hopper, top chute, etc.
- The Driver then climbs off of the truck and continues washing the remainder of the chutes and truck. The driver then disconnects the chutes and returns them to the rack.
- At the end of each day, the Driver cleans washes out the truck performing the same duties as noted in (f) above, along with rinsing off the remainder of the truck.
- The Driver is also responsible for refueling the truck at the end of each day, parking it safely, and chocking the tire.
- Thorough operational knowledge of mixer truck and related equipment to be operated.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to perform all job duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ability to keep time and material records
- Ability to communicate effectively on the radio system and use the truck tracking system correctly.
- Ability to communicate positively with customers and represent Tilcon appropriately.
- Must possess a valid state commercial driver’s license (CDL)
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and construction areas as outlined by OSHA and state agencies. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position: Hardhat, safety glasses, reinforced toed shoes, hand protection, safety vest/high visibility clothing for any work in the field.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. More detail on the physical demands is listed below.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust to focus, and drive a vehicle.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Continuous Frequently Occasionally Not Applicable
Fine Motor X
Repetitive Motion X
This position requires an employee to lift:
Continuous Frequently Occasionally Not Applicable
0 – 10 lbs X
10-25 lbs X
25-50 lbs X
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts, works outside in conditions that may be cold and icy, and exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The noise level in the work environment may be high.
Internal applicants: Prior to applying for any internal position, it is a requirement that employees must first notify their manage
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Tilicon Connecticut, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Tilicon Connecticut, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.