Laborer TN at APAC-Atlantic Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Postal/Zip Code: 37914
Since 1947, Harrison Construction Company, an Oldcastle Materials company, has been the preferred source for ground-level site construction throughout eastern Tennessee and western North Carolina. Committed to quality, service and safety, our integrated products and services enable us to build and manage site development projects from concept through construction. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top five ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, HARRISON CONSTRUCTION has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to the construction/paving crew. Member will assist in the paving and construction of highways/private roadways/parking lots/driveways using handheld tools.
- Must partner with crewmembers to pave roadways per plan specifications and, if need be, to perform tasks of other positions as instructed by crew foreman to insure daily schedules/estimates are met
- Assist construction/paving crew with various duties such as shoveling, raking, flagging and running wheelbarrow
- Dig, spread and level construction materials
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies
- May assist in the placement, moving and dismantling of signs barricades, cones and other traffic control devices
- Properly follow all Company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager
- Attendance required according to Company Attendance Policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level
- Attitude/cooperation: always maintaining courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers and public.
- Must be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes
- Overtime work required. Out of town/county/or state work may be required
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary
- Must adhere to PPE (personal protective equipment) policy and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition as supplied by company
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours
- Requires riding to and from job sites. If operating company vehicle, employee must meet Driver Qualification Standard.
- Ability to use power and/or hand tools needed to complete jobs within specifications
- Ability to follow Traffic Control Crew instructions and practice safety standards per Company Safety Policy requirements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Ability to withstand physical demands associated with heavy highway construction
- Must be able to adapt and work in extreme weather temperatures
- The following motions will be required: stretching, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing, reaching and squatting - these will occupy most of work day
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. for repetitious lifting while using proper lifting techniques
- Will be exposed to extremes of heat or cold weather.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school education or equivalent preferred but not required.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Harrison Construction Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Harrison Construction Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.