SharePoint Architect at Cognizant
Posted in Information Technology 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Foster City, California
Roles and Responsibilities
· Provide SharePoint Solutions to Delivery Projects.
· Actively Participate in the Requirement gathering and analyzing the scope of the requirement,
· Work with the stake holders of the project to fulfill the requirements, and meet quality and performance goals
· Perform the detailed design of application architecture components.
· Participate in design level code construction.
· Participate in quality reviews, and ensure that the application satisfies the requirements.
· Participate in transitions of the designs to the programmers, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the designs.
· Supervise the programmers in completing the development tasks.
· Evaluate Internal and External SharePoint Resources for SharePoint team requirements.
· Complete all appropriate documentation required by the programmers, testers, Deployment team, and Application Management team that will maintain the application.
· Assist team in build and test the application architecture components.
· SharePoint RFP Solutioning (Development and migration of O365, SP2013, SP2010 opportunities).
· Contributing White papers, Best Practices, Case studies to the SharePoint Competency group
Enable/Conduct SharePoint Trainings.
· Strong technical skills in SharePoint. Needs to be Hands-On.
· Decision making skills and ability to provide good design options to business for their requirements.
· Clear understanding of role of architect in SDLC life cycle and also understanding of architect role in comparison to other roles like BA, tech lead, SDM etc.
· Ability to provide guidance to team on design decisions.
· Understanding of big picture like.
· What are requirements that business has and what are the capabilities of SharePoint.
· What is possible to do in SharePoint and does it make sense to use SharePoint for the requirement
· Analyze and design SP applications on O365, SP2013, SP2010 and MOSS 2007.
Experience in migrating from 2007 to 2010\2013
· Have expertise in Visual Studio, InfoPath Forms, SharePoint Designer, K2 forms & workflows, Nintex workflows.
· PowerShell and programming languages like C#, ASP.NET.
· SQL server database management activities relevant to SharePoint.
· Have worked on customizations and custom web part development in SP.
· Develop and provide best practices solutions and governance policies.
· Office 365\SharePoint online migration through 3rd party tools
· Troubleshoot OS and Network\Firewall issues.
· Analyze business needs and provide relevant solutions for implementing business processes
Develop Nintex workflows .
· Knowledge in 3rd part SharePoint add-ons like DocAve, Bamboo and Kwizcom web parts.
· Knowledge of different authentication mechanisms used in SharePoint including FBA, OAuth and SSO.
· Experience in BCS and BI.
We are looking for applicants who have a flair for technology and are willing to take up challenging assignments.
***Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (such as an H-1B visa) for this opportunity.