Truck Driver (San Antonio) at APAC Texas Inc
Posted in Drivers 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Oldcastle Materials Texas Region
Job ID: 129690
Oldcastle Materials Texas produces, distributes and sells high quality dolomitic limestone throughout the state of Texas. Our plant and distribution facilities are able to service our customers on the Austin Western, Burlington Northern Santa Fe (BNSF) and Union Pacific (UP) railroads in addition to local truck traffic throughout Central Texas. The company is headquartered in Round Rock Texas and services the markets of Austin, Houston, and Beaumont in addition to several markets in East Texas and Central Texas.
The Truck Driver is responsible for operating trucks to transport dirt, aggregate, asphalt, and other materials to various job site locations. Will also work in the yard area to stockpile and move materials as needed. This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient operation of equipment/trucks. Work will be performed per the supervisor’s instruction, free from direct supervision except for more complicated jobs.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Operates truck in safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver materials. Trucks driven include but are not limited to: Super Dump trucks, dump trucks.
- Performs daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
- Checks fluid levels, tires, lights, and other controls for safe operation.
- Keeps accurate log of deliveries and completes required paperwork for billing.
- Load and unload equipment or materials.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
- Unrolls truck tarp to cover loads when required.
- Assure product quality to the best of the Driver’s ability.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the supervisor.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Must keep vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two years of related tractor/trailer driving experience preferred, but not required.
- Must maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass DOT physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- MVR must meet company and DOT standards.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Willing to train employees who may not have driving experience must currently maintain a CDL A or CDL B license.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of trucks and related equipment to be operated.
- Ability to operate equipment safely and efficiently under a variety of working conditions.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records, and read blueprints or other project documents.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as being able to work independently with attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Must be familiar with securing heavy equipment and other over dimensional loads.
- Ability to professionally interact with customers, collect payments and assist with issues that may arise.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Job requires climbing, stooping, bending, squatting, frequent lifting of extensions chutes, stretching, sitting/driving, shifting gears, and covering/uncovering load when applicable.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require sitting for extended periods of time.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to focus.
- Must be able to lift hood of truck unassisted; up to 50 lbs. on an on-going basis.
- Able to climb in and out of truck 3-4 steps (elevated 4+ feet into cab). (Could be in and out of truck 20-30 times per day).
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials Texas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials Texas is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.