Shipping Receiving Clerk at Olgoonik
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Diego, CaliforniaJob Description:
Performs range of duties in the receipt, stow, and issue of material. Ensures items being stowed or shipped meet requirements of MIL STD 129N. Receives daily work assignments from Lead position in immediate organizational element.
- Identify, examine, classify, accept, reject, and dispose of material per DLA regulations.
- Utilize visual examination or use measuring devices and techniques to be performed for stock under mentoring assistance of senior personnel.
- Use of Mechanical Handling Equipment (MHE) to load material on and off of skids, pallets, stands, trucks, or warehouse mule train trailers.
- Various administrative functions such as: preparing basic reports, preparing labels, etc.
- Operate tools and equipment as well as ensure that preventative maintenance and adjustments are made as needed.
- Receive data from and input data to DSS and other automated systems.
- Operate MHE to include forklifts and sweeping/scrubbing equipment as assigned.
- Uses anti-static devices.
- Count, weigh, record data, apply tags, and labels.
- Work as a team player with all employees and managers.
- Perform all other duties as assigned working with and around hazardous and non-hazardous material.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum three months general work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently, work in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and have a strong attention for detail.
- Basic understanding of hazardous and non-hazardous materials and warehouse operations.
- Able to use basic processes of inspection/examination procedures.
- Able to read specifications and photographs as is required in DLA contract.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access, and E-mail business software.
- Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Position requires self-motivation and the ability to work effectively under a minimum of supervision.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Driver's License required.
- Must be able to obtain license to use MHE within 30 days of selection.
- Must be able to pass and maintain Forklift Operator's license.
Position requires U.S. Citizenship, a US Government background check, and may require a US Government SECRET Clearance.
If SECRET Clearance Level is required, candidate must also:
- Have a current US Government SECRET Personnel Security Clearance or be able to successfully complete a U.S. government administered Investigation.
- Be able to maintain a US Government SECRET clearance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be able to occasionally stand; walk; sit; use hands and/or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; operate office equipment, reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 45 pounds.
General warehouse or office environment. Some travel may be required based on business demands. May work in outside conditions occasionally in hot or cold weather.