Analyst, CMS at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Posted in Consultant 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Description – Analyst, CMS
Turnaround and Restructuring – Case Management Services (CMS)
Alvarez & Marsal, LLC, a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services, is seeking to expand its Restructuring team. With more than 3,000 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem-solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A career in this group means the opportunity to work on some of the nation’s largest and most complex turnaround and restructuring engagements. The Case Management Services “CMS” team is a specialized group that sits within Alvarez & Marsal’s broader Turnaround and Restructuring practice. As a member of the CMS team you will collaborate with top tier law firms, financial advisors and other bankruptcy professionals to assist clients with the administration of bankruptcy cases. Our team uses proprietary technology to minimize impact on key employees by managing the preparation, organizational and reporting requirements of the bankruptcy process. Many professionals in the CMS team have Legal, Accounting, Finance or Computer Information Systems backgrounds.
Analysts should be prepared to work in a team environment on a diverse range of restructuring engagements. Projects and work streams will require creativity, resourcefulness and independent judgment. You will be expected to help develop solutions to problems and provide value to clients through data processing, management and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate business program or MBA;
- Experience in consulting or corporate positions with a financial or accounting focus;
- Commitment to promoting integrity, leadership and objectivity;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a high-paced, multi-task environment with attention to detail;
- Ability to interface with team members and client personnel in demanding, deadline-driven situations;
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), mathematical, and organizational skills;
- Flexibility with respect to assigned tasks and engagements due to challenging deadlines, changing deliverables, and evolving task priorities;
- Strong ability and desire to utilize technology to solve complex problems;
- Proficiency with PC environment and related software, including Microsoft Office applications (with an emphasis on Excel);
- Basic understanding and/or experience with Crystal Reports, programming languages (SQL, VBA) and other database applications are helpful but not required;
- Willingness to travel up to 100%
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.