Intern - Mechanical Engineer at Flir Systems
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Goleta, California
At FLIR, we have a simple but ambitious mission: to develop market-leading thermal and sensing technologies which enhance everyday life. From saving energy, to saving lives FLIR is making a real difference in our world.
Our products are used in a wide array of situations to rescue people in danger, detect criminals, conserve energy, navigate safely, provide security around the globe, and protect our environment.
We are looking for individuals who thrive on making an impact and want the excitement of being on a team that wins.
The Intern provides support to design, engineering, prototyping and validation activities for the product line.
- Support to design and engineering and prototyping may include:
- Updating redline drawings for the engineering change notice
- Preparing detailed 2D drawings
- Preparing detailed assembly drawings
- 3D modeling of purchase components
- Placing orders for prototype parts
- Assembling prototypes
Validation activities may include:
- Preparing test plans
- Designing test fixtures
- Ordering test fixtures
- Executing tests
- Collecting data
- Writing test reports
Education & Experience
- Currently enrolled undergraduate student pursuing a BS degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge of Solidworks
- Must be a US Citizen or have Permanent Resident Status, required.
FLIR and all of our employees are committed to conducting business with the highest ethical standards. We require all employees to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, rules and regulatory orders. Our reputation for honesty, integrity and high ethics is as important to us as our reputation for making innovative sensing solutions.
FLIR is an equal opportunity employer.