Assistant Wrestling Coach - WVU Beckley at West Virginia University
Posted in Entertainment/Gaming/Casino 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Beckley, West Virginia
West Virginia University Institute of Technology (WVU Tech), part of the WVU system of campuses, is seeking a self-motivated and driven Assistant Men's Wresting coach for the WVU Beckley campus. This part-time position will report to the WVU Tech Athletic Director.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in managing all aspects associated with a collegiate wrestling program. Work in this position will primarily focus on the development of student-athletes.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Assist the head coach in managing all aspects of a NAIA Division I or NCAA Division II Wrestling program.
- Coach in area assigned by the head coach.
- Assist in evaluating talent in current and prospective student-athletes and recruiting quality student-athletes that meet established criteria.
- Assist in organizing team meetings, student halls, and workouts, strength and conditioning program, etc.
- Assist in monitoring academic progress, retention rates and graduation rates of student-athletes.
- Assist in monitoring and disciplining conduct of student-athletes.
- Remain current in knowledge of and adhere to all institutional, NAIA and conference rules.
- Assist in compiling annual inventories and prepare for equipment purchases according to state policy.
- Assist in driving and transporting student-athletes.
- Assist in organizing pre-game activities.
Work hours: Various – part time
Date of Appointment: Immediate
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately
WVU Tech is a regional division of the West Virginia University system and is located in Beckley, West Virginia. It boasts a 12:1 student-to-faculty ratio and an average class size of 17 students, allowing personalized attention in a supportive environment. WVU Tech is ranked first in the state for return on investment, and seventh in the nation in annual ROI for students paying in-state tuition. The campus is near state and national parks and numerous recreational opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree
- Two (2) years of collegiate wrestling performance experience and/or one (1) year of successful wrestling coaching experience
- Ability to work positively with administration, department staff, students, and director of athletics in developing and maintaining a good working relationship with the institution and community
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills