Senior Systems Engineer, New Product Development at Halyard
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Irvine, California
Job Description SummaryWe are currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer, New Product Development in our Irvine, CA office.
Who are we?
Formerly Kimberly-Clark Health Care, Halyard Health is a brand-new health care company with $1.7B in revenue and an exciting path ahead of us. We in the Irvine, CA office are the leading provider of post-surgical pain solutions in the United States, and are building a world-class product development organization with YOU leading the charge.
Innovate with Impact
“Innovation” is more than just a word. It is a culture, it is a mindset, and it is a burning desire to create something of tremendous impact and lasting value that will change the world in ways both large and small. More importantly, innovation is a creative act, and one that requires the right mix of discipline, tenacity, vision, risk, and play. This role is among the vanguard of Halyard Health’s expansion in to new and innovative ways to care for our patients.
This Senior Systems Engineer is among the vanguard of Halyard Health’s expansion in to new and innovative ways to care for our patients. The position acts as a technical leader on a multi-year program to combine new, digital health technologies with a product line that has a proven, clinical track record of treating acute, post-surgical pain. Must be an individual contributor and also a leader.
- As a member of the New Product Development team, you will work with the Program leader, external partners, and sub team leaders to design innovative system architecture, leading to an understanding of the overall development plan as well identifying technology roadmaps and gap assessments.
- Translate customer and marketing requirements into product and system specifications which can be successfully verified, validated and launched.
- Perform software/system module requirement analysis, design, and test design;
- Prepare software/system module specifications, designs, test descriptions and estimates;
- Establish guidelines for and participate in the review of product engineering artifacts (e.g., specifications, designs, test descriptions, implementations, tests, records, reports, etc.);
- Assist in the preparation and review of product, engineering, and management plans and reports (e.g., program and project plans) as required;
- Under minimal direction, prepare updates to system specifications, designs, test descriptions, hazard analysis, validation test procedures, and related documentation supporting software development to known standards;
- Mentor less senior team members and peer review product artifacts including requirement specifications, design specifications, code, etc.;
- Must have and be able to build out a broad working knowledge of multiple software systems including: firmware/embedded systems; SoC platforms; wireless connectivity; device drivers; cloud architectures and web services for collecting device telemetry; data security and encryption for confidential patient information; data analysis and visualization; mobile development for iOS and Android; among other relevant platforms to determine the most appropriate architecture build for multiple generations of a new instrumentation and digital health systems.
- Establish and maintain working knowledge of technology trends and how they are or can be made relevant to our business. Partner with external vendors to access future technology roadmaps
- Develop a close working relationship with colleagues in the sales and marketing organizations to understand the market space and to translate that knowledge to product requirements.
- Spend time in the field with physicians and key opinion leaders to develop and maintain close ties with on-the-ground happenings in our market.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with partners in the Quality and Operations organizations to work to ensure smooth and timely product introductions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or similar field, Masters preferred
- 5 years of experience in systems engineering in medical device preferred
- Flexibility to work in an Agile development model
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, problem solving, and communication skills (both written and oral)
- Ability to be an individual contributor and team leader preferred
- Nerf gun battle experience preferred
If you are a current employee of Halyard Health, please apply here.