Senior Accounts Payable Specialist/Lead at Wilshire Associates Incorporated
Posted in Accounting 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Type: Full Time
Location: Santa Monica, California
- Establish Policies and Procedures for the Accounts Payable Department
- Perform full-cycle accounts payable processes – including invoice matching with purchase orders, coding, batching, data entry and processing payments.
- Review payments for accuracy in account coding and banking requirements.
- Ensure invoices are recorded in accordance with company policy and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee Accounts Payable staff in the execution of the department's procedures
- Perform routine daily and monthly responsibilities.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Communicate effectively with vendors and other employees to resolve payment processing issues
- Oversee the establishment and maintenance of vendor master files
- Monitor invoice progress from receipt thru approval and payment
- Assist in reconciling and administering employee expense reports
- Provide audit and tax team support
- Provide appropriate management reporting
- Ensure company personnel are appropriately trained in the payment approval and submission process
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects as assigned
Required/Preferred Experience and Skills:
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient in Excel, Epicor and Concur experience a plus
- Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
- Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
- Excellent communication skills required, both verbal and written
- Extremely high attention to detail
- Forward looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
- Self-starter with the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Required education: Bachelor's degree
- Preferred education: Bachelor's degree in accounting or business management
- Relevant work experience: Accounts Payable: 3-5 years
- An international, dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment.
- Competitive compensation package, including a bonus opportunity.
- 3 weeks of vacation, 8 paid holidays per year.
- 401(k)/Roth 401(k)/Medical/Dental/Vision insurance.
Visit www.wilshire.com for additional company information.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.
Wilshire Associates Incorporated is an SEC registered investment adviser and required to track certain political contributions under Rule 206(4)-5. As such, you may be required to disclose your prior political contributions.
No Phone Calls