UX Engineer, BMW Technology Office - Silicon Valley at BMW Group
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mountain View, California
BMW Of North America BMW Technology Corporation Designworks USA
Build what Matters
Join us and be part in shaping the next era of mobility: connected, electric, and autonomous. The Technology Office in Mountain View is leading BMW’s efforts to develop these areas to craft the next generation of sustainable, high performance driving machines. We look for candidates with a bold temperament to work with us in small agile teams rapidly iterating on new prototypes to advance premium mobility.
This is a full-time UX Engineering opportunity working in the Experience Design Lab at the BMW Group Technology Office USA. The candidate will work on challenges at the intersection of design, technology, the customer of tomorrow and economic trends. He/she is part of an intrinsic working model of technological immersion in Silicon Valley. Hereby, the candidate is combining his/her skills with insights and impulses to develop highly innovative experiences. Enabled by this unique setup, the candidate’s work will be inspiring for BMW Group’s research, development and business units.
The primary focus and responsibility of this position will be the prototyping of ideas and concepts. The UX Engineer will be challenged to think and contribute in versatile and creative ways. Tasked to develop the most innovative solutions for hard-/software prototypes and concepts, leading as a specialist in his/her field. Secondarily, the candidate will help to identify emerging and appropriate interaction technologies, trends and paradigms to craft such advanced experiences.
The candidate will work in close collaboration with senior engineering, research and design professionals. He/she will effectively contribute to an agile, multi-disciplinary, international team. We are looking for an experienced team member who enjoys a diversity of projects, is self-motivated, and is inspired by technology and design.
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Multimedia Design, Computer Science, Engineering or similar fields
- 2-4 years of experience in a combination of the following:
- 0-3 years project management experience (either professional or within university projects)
- 0-2 years experience of prototyping and concept visualization
- Portfolio documenting recently achieved projects
- Advanced skills in hardware prototyping with tools like Arduino, Raspberry Pi, and or similar
- Advanced programming skills in 3D engines and development tools like Unity 3D, Unreal Engine and or similar frameworks
- Experience with software prototyping tools like Flinto, Principle, and or similar
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a team environment
- Ability and openness to learn and adapt
- Willingness to learn and gain deeper competencies in the field
- Willingness to travel to destinations in the United States as well as to Europe
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.