BMW Infotainment Software Engineer, BMW Technology Office - Silicon Valley at BMW Group
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mountain View, California
BMW Of North America BMW Technology Corporation Designworks USA
Build what Matters
Join us and be part in shaping the next era of mobility: connected, electric, and autonomous. The Technology Office in Mountain View is leading BMW’s efforts to develop these areas to craft the next generation of sustainable, high performance driving machines. We look for candidates with a bold temperament to work with us in small agile teams rapidly iterating on new prototypes to advance premium mobility.
The Digital Life Innovations team focuses on applications and services that connect the driver with their car. By focusing our efforts on modern software development, we build custom apps and integrate third party systems to enrich the driving experience. Until the car is a natural and effortless extension of the driver and his digital needs, we are not done.
- Develop customer-ready applications for BMW customers as well as explore and implement new ideas
- Manage software through entire development lifecycle: architecture, implementation, and debugging
- Work cross-functionally with remote internal and external partners around the world
Join the team at BMW of North America and enjoy a high-performance employment package which includes:
- Company paid Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee car program
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Income Account
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field (Master's Degree Preferred)
- 2-4 years professional software development experience
- Proficiency in a core programming language like Java, C++, Kotlin with a focus on Android
- 1+ years experience in Android AOSP (embedding a custom Android distribution, contributing, etc.)
- Prototyping experiences for new platforms, e.g. AR/VR, Assistant platforms, new programming languages, early SDKs, etc.
- Enthusiasm for the automotive and tech industry
- Experience driving business needs, e.g. as a lead engineer, project lead or product owner
- Familiarity with modern development tools and methodologies
- Conscientious, responsible, self-motivated, ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and familiarity with collaborating with external partners
- Willing to travel per project needs, occasionally internationally
- Software development experience in the automotive and/or tech industry
- Track record in taking a new idea to market
BMW NA is an EO employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.