Technical Publications Lead at DRS Technologies
Posted in Writing/Editing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services, and support to military forces, intelligence agencies, and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture, and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A., which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
Job Location: Washington, D.C. Area
Position Title: Technical Manuals Lead
Leonardo DRS is seeking an exceptionally qualified and proven Technical Manuals Lead to join our recognized team of experts to provide a solution for the U.S. Air Force’s T-X program. Leonardo DRS ties together an exceptional T-100 Team comprised of Leonardo Aircraft’s world-class aircraft powered by Honeywell engines integrated with state-of the-art ground-based training from CAE USA. The T-100 is purpose-built for a wide range of training capabilities, long-term reliability, and cost effective operations. These characteristics – along with its proven integrated training system comprised of Simulators and Ground Based Training devices – make the T-100 the best solution to train today’s next generation of fighter pilots. For additional information on the T-100 program, please visit our T-X Program website.
The Technical Manuals Lead will leverage significant experience and judgment to design, develop and deliver Technical Manual solutions for the T-100 system. As a key member of the Sustainment Integrated Product Team (IPT), the Technical Manuals lead ensures that the T-100 technical manuals are designed in such a way to minimize Life Cycle Cost (LCC) and meet operational requirements. The position is the primary Technical Manual interface to customer counterparts in support of the T-100 Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership for the Technical Manuals team to ensure compliance with customer publications requirements.
- Effectively interfaces with customer specialists and Tech Order Management Agency (TOMA).
- Develop T-100 Technical Manual Program Plan to document and control tasks identified in the Technical Manual Contract Requirements (TMCR)
- Lead Technical Manual activity through guidance conference, business rules review, development, in-process reviews, certification, verification, delivery and updates.
- Interface internally with all disciplines of Engineering, Sustainment, Functional Organizations and Program Management
- Solves complex technical problems and provides effective and innovative solutions.
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Logistics or related engineering field of study with 15+ years’ experience in Aerospace Industry developing and maintaining Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs) for USG Weapon Systems
- Working knowledge of ASD/AIA S1000D Issue 4.1 International Specification for Technical Publications Utilizing a Common Source Database and MIL-STD-3048A Air Force Business Rules for the Implementation of S1000D
- Working knowledge of Time Compliance Tech Order (TCTO) development and distribution
- Working knowledge of industry tools used to develop, maintain, view and distribute S1000D Technical Manuals
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM) on high value programs
- Experience in International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Experience dealing with the rules and regulations surrounding Sub-Contractor Intellectual Property.
- Proficient professional written and verbal communication skills including briefings and presentations to senior leadership and customers.
- Proven track record of working with international partners and suppliers to develop and deliver program solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to influence, collaborate and work effectively with all levels of internal and external leadership as part of an international team.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Must possess or be able to obtain Secret Clearance or above.
<span lang="EN" style="font-family: "Arial",sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; mso-ansi-language: EN;">Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #BS #T100