Assistant Manager - 511 E. Main Street at Meritage Hospitality
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SENATOBIA, Mississippi
The Assistant Manager role in a Wendy's restaurant is responsible for restaurant operations when the General Manager is not on duty. This role is critical to restaurant operational success, and can provide those inclined to want more the opportunity to prepare for a General Manager role.
A General Manager is on duty at a Wendy’s restaurant for approximately 40% of the time that the restaurant is in operation. During the remainder of the time, Assistant Managers are responsible for operating the restaurant. At all other times, an Assistant Manager should assist the General Manager in all aspects of managing, operating and staffing a Wendy's restaurant.
- Able to perform as general manager of restaurant in absence of the General Manager. Able to run a shift unassisted.
- Acts as chief assistant to General Manager. Anticipates and identifies problems and initiates appropriate corrective action.
- Participates in annual store business plan development. Assists in execution of store goals and action plan.
- Ensures that employee handbook and all policies and procedures are implemented and enforced. Assists in monitoring compliance with federal, state and local employment laws. Assists in resolution of employee complaints and issues.
- Ensures all food safety procedures are executed according to Company policy and health/sanitation regulations. Takes corrective actions as required.
- Makes recommendations regarding the hiring and termination of employees at the store. Assists in conducting and documenting performance reviews.
- Assists in properly staffing store and ensuring that employees are properly cross-trained.
- Attends all meeting requested by General Manager, District Manager, Regional Manager or President.
- Assists in achieving and maintaining Sparkle Certification for the store.
- Assists in handling customer complaints and issues.
- Ensures that the store is ready to do business on a daily basis and is in compliance in with all Company guidelines and procedures.
- Ensures that shift-managers and crew members are properly orientated and trained as required by the Company’s training programs. Informs, trains, motivates, challenges and disciplines restaurant employees as appropriate.
- Assists in achieving food and labor costs guidelines. Assists in accurately reporting results and controlling cash.
- Assists in ensuring that operational, marketing and administrative changes are implemented and followed.
- Ensures that daily, weekly and monthly administrative duties and reports are accurately completed.
- Assists in ensuring that preventive maintenance is preformed at appropriate intervals. Promptly reports maintenance problems and issues to General Manager or District Manager.
- Performs other projects that may be assigned or requested by District Manager or General Manager.
Experience in restaurant operations. Able to perform all duties of restaurant personnel. Significant understanding of Wendy’s operating system, policies and procedures; supervisory practices; budgeting process; interviewing and recruiting techniques; and training programs. Displays good supervisory, organizational and communication skills.
Reports to General Manager.